College Age Son and friends crusiing - Help!

EMED2010

Hi! My son, his cousin and 2 friends will be going on Majesty next month for a 3 night Bahama cruise (Coco Cay and Nassau ports). I am trying to compile a list of things for them to know since none of them have ever cruised before.

I have compiled a list of the restaurants that are included and fees of those that aren't. I also listed the expected gratuities (they have early seating).

I need to know about the beverages included (they are not drinkers and I only drink water so I am not sure what drinks are included). Also, how much is the soda package - website does not give info unless you input your cruise.

What fees can be incurred at the Ports, i.e. transportation if they do not book tours? Also, will they need their Passports offship in either of these ports?

Thanks in advance for all your help - I want to make sure they have a fun cruise.

Hi! My son, his cousin and 2 friends will be going on Majesty next month for a 3 night Bahama cruise (Coco Cay and Nassau ports). I am trying to compile a list of things for them to know since none of them have ever cruised before.

I have compiled a list of the restaurants that are included and fees of those that aren't. I also listed the expected gratuities (they have early seating).

I need to know about the beverages included (they are not drinkers and I only drink water so I am not sure what drinks are included). Also, how much is the soda package - website does not give info unless you input your cruise.

What fees can be incurred at the Ports, i.e. transportation if they do not book tours? Also, will they need their Passports offship in either of these ports?

Thanks in advance for all your help - I want to make sure they have a fun cruise.

Soda package is $6.50 per day, plus 15% gratuity.

Included beverages: Coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk. Juices are also included at breakfast. Passports are not needed to get off the ship in the ports. There are no mandatory transportation charges at either of the ports.

Assuming at least one person sailing is 21 years of age (requirement to sail on RCI). The drinking age is also 21 on board and on coco cay.

Water, coffee, tea, ice tea, and morning juice is included. sodas are extra. Unless you drink more than 3 sodas a day, the package isn't worth it. If under 3 sodas, they should just buy as they go. They cannot share a package either.

Port fees and taxes are included in the ticket. Now for transportation, depending where they go, Nassau taxis are about $4/ea one way to go over to Paradise island and Atlantis. There is a decent beach next door to Atlantis if the weather is good. They will need to take their passports and sea pass when they get off in Nassau. They will only need their sea pass getting off in Coco cay.

Tell them the importance of taking care of their room attendant.

We have been to Nassau several times and never brought our passports; just our driver's license and seapass cards. Is this something new?

No, it's not new, we've never needed our passports to get off /on the ship in Nassau. You only need your SeaPass and photo ID at Nassau.

Thanks everyone! I got all my questions answered in a few minutes.

Not quite.

Taxis to Atlantis are about $8 per ride.

The only pay-restaurant is Johnny Rockets, which has a $4.95 per person set fee for all you can eat.

They should lock their passports in their cabin safe for the duration of the cruise.

Are they all sharing one cabin?

Not quite.

Taxis to Atlantis are about $8 per ride.

The only pay-restaurant is Johnny Rockets, which has a $4.95 per person set fee for all you can eat.

They should lock their passports in their cabin safe for the duration of the cruise.

Are they all sharing one cabin?

Yes, they are all sharing a room - that's why I want to make sure their room steward gets a good tip!:D

Archived