Luggage

woodmews

A friend of mine is going on the Jewel Sunday, she seems to think that her luggage will be taken away after she unpacks. I never heard of this, she said they did on her last cruise, but not on Norwegian. Anyone know the answer to this???

3 NCL cruises and luggage was never taken away. 3 HAL cruises and luggage was never taken. There's room under the bed. It's my understanding they will take it and store it if you ask your room steward to do so, but there really shouldn't be a need.

Cdn in KS

3 NCL cruises and luggage was never taken away. 3 HAL cruises and luggage was never taken. There's room under the bed. It's my understanding they will take it and store it if you ask your room steward to do so, but there really shouldn't be a need.

Cdn in KS

NCL, RCCL, CCL, DCL...not one of them took my empty luggage away. It always stored under the bed.

A friend of mine is going on the Jewel Sunday, she seems to think that her luggage will be taken away after she unpacks. I never heard of this, she said they did on her last cruise, but not on Norwegian. Anyone know the answer to this???

I guess she's in for a surprise - she'll have to find a place for her luggage in her cabin. Why does she think it would be taken away? Has she cruised before?

I can recall when I first started cruising 25 years ago that on one or two of my earliest cruises the cabin steward actually did store our luggage. There was no way to store it in our cabin...the bed frames were solid, not the tubular steel used today, so you couldn't slide the luggage underneath the bed, and the cabins were too small otherwise to store the luggage. There were luggage storage rooms on the ship.

But...that was years ago. Today there's room under the bed for storage, and there aren't luggage storage rooms on the ships.

(Perhaps the QM2 still has luggage storage rooms because it's an ocean liner, not a cruise ship.)

On our last cruise, my husband's large suitcase did not fit under our bed. Our room steward took it and stored it in his closet. Needless to say, we tipped him extra at the end of the cruise. We are sailing again in March and I am trying to talk my husband out of taking that suitcase again...He definitely is the overpacker in the family...

Archived