Updates for family and friends on Triumph

Mousehouse14

If you don't know or have anyone on this ship reply to one of the other posts about what is going on. I am tired of reading all of the crap that most of the people on here are posting. They have no interest or anyone they know on this ship.

This thread is for updates for family and friends only please.

The last update I received from my wife and Carnival was the ship is being towed into Mobile, Alabama and will arrive Thursday morning. The passengers that want to be flown to Houston will be and bused to Galveston. The passengers that flew in or want to go to their home airports will be allowed to if flights are available.

Conditions on board ship. The last text I received from my wife said everyone was doing as well as expected with the conditions they are dealing with. Food lines are long and taking hours to get through. Some electrical outlets are working and lines to charge phones and other devices are hours long. Some of the forward bathrooms are working. I believe most of the passengers are still staying above on the upper decks.

I have not received any text messages today. Hopefully I will if another ship is close or drops off more supplies. Will update this post if I hear or receive any information.

She is on this cruise with 3 of her best friends. It is making the situation a lot better. All she wants to do is cry and get home as soon as she can. Her and her friends are trying to make the best of it.

I can't imagine what it is like. We will find out by this weekend with all of the pictures being posted on the internet by passengers.

What really sucks besides my wife being stuck on this ship is that her family arrived late last night from Europe. She hasn't seen her family in 4 years. They are here for a short time and she is going to miss most of it.

Hoping the ship gets in when expected and she gets home Friday. At least she will be able to spend a few days with her family before they have to fly home.

No more updates. The news is reporting the same old thing. I hope once they get closer to the US coast cell service will start working.

My parents are both onboard. The last text messages I received from them were yesterday afternoon, guess they were piggybacking the signal from one of the ships that had stopped to give them supplies. They too said conditions weren't good.

I did receive the updated message from Carnival last night regarding them being town into Mobile instead of Progresso. Any news on when they might return to Galveston? I am considering going to get their car (I live ~ 7hr away from Galveston) at the port and they can just fly home. I'm not sure what travel arrangements are available since I can't even talk to them. Anyone else considering this?

I'm not sure what travel arrangements are available since I can't even talk to them. Anyone else considering this?

It'll be somewhat different, I'm sure, but I can tell you from my experience as a passenger on the Splendor fire cruise that Carnival made preliminary travel arrangements for everyone (hotel/flights) and gave us the info on a paper the day before we were towed in to San Diego. The paper had a special phone number we were to call once docked if those arrangements in any way were not satisfactory. (And we did have to call to make a change. Carnival was SUPER helpful ~as you can imagine~ in making any changes we could possibly want!)

Just received another message from Carnival. They are expecting the ship to arrive in Mobile, Alabama Thursday afternoon or early evening. Once the ship arrives the passengers can either stay in a hotel in Mobile for the night or try and fly home on Thursday. If they decide to stay in Mobile Carnival will have them flown home on Friday.

I also talked to someone from Carnival when the automated message said the passengers would be sent by coach to their destinations. The rep said that was one of the options if the passenger wanted it. If they didn't they would be flown to the airport of their choice as quickly as possible.

No text messages since yesterday from my wife. Hoping they get closer to the US coast so cell service will start working.

Listened to the message the CEO or spokesman for Carnival gave. If a passenger wants to get home immediately after the ship docks in Mobile, Alabama the passengers will be put on a bus and bused to Galveston.

Carnival has reserved over a thousand hotel rooms for passengers that want a shower and to stay over night and fly out on Friday.

Triumph is suppose to arrive in Mobile tomorrow evening. Passengers will be transported by coach/buses to New Orleans and checked into a Hilton hotel. They will be flown out of New Orleans starting Friday. Those that want to return to Galveston immediately will be able to board coaches/buses and head back to Galveston.

Carnival said that would post another update in the morning.

Coast Guard is saying the ship should arrive late tonight at the entrance to the port. In the morning or early afternoon a pilot from the port of Mobile will board the ship and help dock the ship. I believe customs plans on boarding the ship or taking the passengers to a building on the dock to get everyone through customs as quickly as possible. Once they clear customs the passengers will be taken to hotels in New Orleans or board buses to head to Galveston. Friday passengers will start boarding planes to head to Houston or to their home airports.

No one has said a specific time the ship will dock. Like others I haven't heard from my wife since Monday early evening.

Carnival is also offering an additional $500 to all passengers on top of the refund for the current cruise plus one additional credit for a future cruise. I know how I feel about it but it will be up to my wife to determine what compensation she thinks is appropriate.

My best friend from high school is onboard-we're like sisters. I'm so worried about her. She had surgery before she left but was cleared to go on the cruise-she's tough and has a great attitude about everything; I'm just praying she doesn't contract some nasty disease because her immune system may not be the best at fighting it off.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone on the ship including the crew. I am just worried sick about my friend.

My best friend from high school is onboard-we're like sisters. I'm so worried about her. She had surgery before she left but was cleared to go on the cruise-she's tough and has a great attitude about everything; I'm just praying she doesn't contract some nasty disease because her immune system may not be the best at fighting it off.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone on the ship including the crew. I am just worried sick about my friend.

Really? Stop listening to the drive by media please. She will be fine, I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I'm watching voices and faces come into vision, as opposed to a ship shell, I have a hard time imagining if I had a loved one on board just waiting to hold on this day of <3, so I'm rooting for you all reuniting with your loved ones today!

:)

Archived