least movement in ship?

momof4boys

I probably am looking in the wrong place:rolleyes: but where is the least movement in the ship as far as cabins go? We are on the ELation and have rooms booked U102, U112, and U 198. Wanting to know if we need to take motion sickness preventions. Thanks.

I've always read "mid-ship and mid-level" decks. But, I've been in the middle, forward and aft from Riveria, Upper and Emperess Decks and I've never really felt a lot of movement. Only one night last summer when we hit some rough seas did I feel it a bit....but...I always feel a "surging" sensation....does anyone else feel that?

I usually try to get a mid-ship room, though I sometimes book guarantee b/c it's cheaper and hope for the best I feel the most motion, usually, in that Lido Deck buffet and that's at the top and the back of the ship. Our cabins have alsways been R, M, or U as we don't get balcony cabins. Except on the Sensation last December (there was motion EVERYWHERE on the ship whenever it was sailing) I haven't felt much motion in my cabin.

If you dont get car sick--or sick on amusment rides its safe to say you are probably safe on the ship. Now if you get ANY sickness no matter how small then take the sea sick pills the day before.

I probably am looking in the wrong place:rolleyes: but where is the least movement in the ship as far as cabins go? We are on the ELation and have rooms booked U102, U112, and U 198. Wanting to know if we need to take motion sickness preventions. Thanks.

We were in rooms R212 & 200 - - motion was minimal, but my sister is prone to motion sickness and needed to take some medicine on only one day at sea - it was a little rocky on one day. For me, Ginger snap cookies (we took with us) worked just fine. And please remember, if you get feeling icky - - do not go to your cabin and go to bed - - go to a deck, get fresh air and look at the horizon.

Mom, in my opinion, your cabins are in good locations. U102 and U112 are about mid-ship, which is the best place as far as least amount of motion. U198 is further aft, but still shouldn't be too bad, although I have never had an aft cabin. Upper Deck is a good deck to be on!:)

Mid ships, as low as you can get is always the best. Mom I'd look into the wrist bands too. Don't buy them on the ship they are about 2x as expensive. The bands worked well for me the one trip I needed a little help. If you're going with the pills I'd suggest the "Less Drowsy " ones.

Mom, I buy the non-drowsy Bonine pills (they come in chewable, too). For anybody in your group who might think they'll get queasy, start taking them just prior to boarding the ship, and one every day of the cruise. Works for me. Ask your pharmacist about meclazine (sp?) - as they are the same as Bonine, but much less expensive.):)

Mom, My younger ds is very prone to motion sickness. He gets sick in cars and planes. He has been on 3 cruises and never felt queasy once..and we hit some rough weather each time. I asked our dr for something for him beofre the first cruise and was given antivert (which I believe is meclazine). He took it the first day as a precaution, and never needed it again.

Tammy

• 6 years later...
We were in rooms R212 & 200

I will be in room r212 with my mom and Aunt in April. I would love to see some room pictures if you would be willing to share. Nice to see the 'actual' room rather than the standard image that they show online. Oh, it is the Paradise, right?

Thanks

I will be in room r212 with my mom and Aunt in April. I would love to see some room pictures if you would be willing to share. Nice to see the 'actual' room rather than the standard image that they show online. Oh, it is the Paradise, right?

Thanks

R212 is an ocean view cabin- any oceanview cabin you see online is what it will look like.

They mostly all look the same

2020048450101785400FiFRae_th.jpg

154906785kVagJw_th.jpg

113418830eHuPXU_th.jpg

oh and here is a cabin with the upper bed down:

391619892lzbiVP_th.jpg

also picture a dog.......sometimes the head goes up and down, and sometimes the tail wags. Best location is midship low, and if you're prone to motion sickness, as I am, start

your meds the day before. I have taken meclizine as prescription, and now as Bonine over the counter in any drugstore, and it doesn't make me sleepy. There is a nondrowsy form, though, for those who need it. I take one the day before, one the morning of, and one right before sailing. (I am extremely seasick prone). After that, I usually am fine, unless we

hit rough seas. That might happen once in 5 cruises. I also take Bonine when driving in the mountains or going to theme parks. Can't take the rides without it.

Archived