Bon Voyage gifts - how good?

6andy6

As a bit of a treat I am looking at ordering a couple of Bon Voyage gifts to be delivered to our cabin - was specifically looking at the Truffles in a glass package and the shrimp taster platter (to go with our wine at sail away).

What are peoples experience of these?

Are they worth the money (okay I know you could prolly buy the ingredients individual yourself cheaper etc etc but I mean in the presentation, size etc)?

On time delviery?

Any feedback would be good.

As a bit of a treat I am looking at ordering a couple of Bon Voyage gifts to be delivered to our cabin - was specifically looking at the Truffles in a glass package and the shrimp taster platter (to go with our wine at sail away).

What are peoples experience of these?

Are they worth the money (okay I know you could prolly buy the ingredients individual yourself cheaper etc etc but I mean in the presentation, size etc)?

On time delviery?

Any feedback would be good.

We haven't had those exact items, but we had great service. I've ordered chocolate covered strawberries and cheese platters on past cruises as well as champagne and wine. Enjoy! :D

Our recent experience of Bon Voyage gifts have been for OBC and wine but they did leave us a glass of truffles on our 40th anniversary. I did not realise that you could order them as a Bon Voyage gift. The truffles were nice and it was a very nice surprise when we had not ordered or paid for them. However, the glass was a champagne flute with [from memory] about six truffles and a white chololate decoration. I would not wish to pay too much for it.

Buying wine as a Bon Voyage gift is a tip I picked up from Cruise Critic as you do not pay the 15% service charge that you would have to pay on board. OBC is great if you do not live in the US and get a good exchange rate from Celebrity.

Depending on what category of stateroom you have, you may be able to arrange shrimp on board at no cost. [some people have reported ordering them in palce of the evening canapes.] But, for truffles, you will probably get a better deal by buying them at home and taking them on board with you. I am sure that you can borrow a champagne flute if you want the fancy presentation. I would suggest the same if you want flowers as well. We have done this successfully on our last two cruises.

Sue

We ordered a "Nut Selection" and wine on a previous cruise and were delighted to find them in our cabin on arrival. The next day was a sea day, on route to the Baltic, and quite cold and overcast, so we poured a glass of wine each, opened the box of nuts. and went off to the cinema to watch an afternooin movie. The cinema was packed and we slipped quietly into the back seat. My husband placed the box of nuts on his knee and, as I attempted to cross my legs without spilling the wine, knocked the whole box straight into the air. For the next few minutes, all you could hear was nuts clattering down the steps fron the very back to the very front. The noise was awful and lots of people got cross with us. Of course, we took a fit of the giggles as well, which did not help at all. So, we never got toweat the nuts, but the wine was great!

Unless you're really excited about the particular food offerings you could just purchase wine for yourself through the Gifts section, and then visit the buffet that day and make a plate of snacks.

Our cats always very kindly send us gifts of wine on the ship (clever kitties ;) ) and it is always there (along with the appropriate glasses & cork screw) when we board the ship. On longer cruises the wine has been ordered to be delivered on different days and sometimes it all arrives on day 1, other times it is delivered on the day requested.

As mentioned, the benefit of preordering bottles of wine is the 15% gratuity savings.

Archived