5 in a room??

venusjems

OK OK I know i am crazy but my Hubby and I are planning on a cruise and i would love to take my three step children with me. Do any carnival ships allow 5 to a room? I am looking around just trying to get price idea's and they tell me i have too many booked to a room.

We will probably end up getting two rooms side by side but i just wanted to see the price difference.

Thanks!

Hey the Triumph does and we have a Cruise Critic Group Cruise Going in April on the Triumph!! Come join us and get $100 cabin credit per cabin for booking with us!!!! Were off to the Caribbean!!!

Take a look at the cruise by following the links in my signature!!!!!!!!! :)

What are the kids ages??? If any are teen age you may just want 2 cabins!!!

Chuck

We've done five in a room three times. The first two were on Fantasy class ships (Paradise and Fantasy) in cat 12 suites (which are not really suites by modern standards), and the room size made it very comfortable for DW and I and our three kids.

Our last cruise we did it on Triumph, and having five in a room was the least favorite part of our cruise - we could hardly move around. This is just MHO though, as others have been just fine with five in a room on this ship. I would much rather have two rooms between us five in the future (and we did book two cabins for our next cruise with the kids which is on Pride of America), but if my budget said five in a room or don't go, I'd do five in a room.

Doing 5 in a cabin is very doable-- as long as you have a plan. An over the door shoe holder is MUST.

Any fantasy/ triumph/destiny class ship will hold 5. Do research to see how much of a price differene it will be to get two cabins.

We did 5 to an inside cabinon the sensation- we saved over 700 doing that.

We're are taking our three kids in Feb. on the Victory. their ages are 15, 12, and 7.
Oh I hope you are getting 2 rooms!!!! Smaller children seem to work better when doing 5 to a cabin.. Remember your on vacation why be cramped for a week when you should be streached out relaxing and enjoying!!!:)

Chuck- 5 to a cabin for us--my boys were 15, 17 and 19 along with my 13 year old niece plus myself. We barely stayed in the cabin at all. TO sleep and dress for dinner =thats about all. THe boys showered in the gym and they said it was the best shower they ever taken. THe stalls are bigger then whats in the cabin. You get cleaned with 6 shower heads..

Chuck- 5 to a cabin for us--my boys were 15, 17 and 19 along with my 13 year old niece plus myself. We barely stayed in the cabin at all. TO sleep and dress for dinner =thats about all. THe boys showered in the gym and they said it was the best shower they ever taken. THe stalls are bigger then whats in the cabin. You get cleaned with 6 shower heads..

Oh Yea the spa showers............. These are Great!!!!! I used them twice a day!!! I would go in the morning for a sauna to sweat out the toxins from the night before and then once again before dinner!!! Wow 5 would be tight for me.. I thought the 3 of us were tight!!!!! 15,17 ,19 You must be a tiny woman to handle 3 teens in a cabin!!! LOL:)

:D I'm a solo cruiser, and I love my space, so I just cringe thinking about even one other person in my cabin!:D

But yes, as Serene said, it is definitely do-able. My XDIL and her four adult sisters shared an inside cabin on the Holiday a coupla years ago. She said it was hilarious, everybody just stepped over (or on) each other. They had two twin beds, two pulldown beds, and a cot was brought in. I can't even imagine! But, if it works for some, that's great.:)

We had 5 in a balcony cabin last year on Victory; probably would have done it again on Conquest, if they permitted 5 in a cabin. It's tight, but we made it work. We had plenty of storage room. The toughest times were getting ready for dinner. (Of course, having 2 cabins this year, we'll probably come back wondering, "how did we all fit in one cabin last year?"

Do you have to pay to go into the spa if you are just going in the hot tub or the sauna? I never got a chance to go in to the spa and find out and I was just wondering. Sounds like a great idea having the kids shower there. Is there an age limit to be allowed in? I will have a 18 Yr old son and a 15 yr old daughter with me as well as twin 13 yr old boys and an 11 yr old girl. Even if one or 2 of them could use that shower it would definately help.

OK this is probably tmi, but 5 in a room, how do you work out the, lets say personal factor. I could not handle this, we had a cat 11 on the conquest for my dh & I. Even with that size room I could not imagine 5 people in there.

Do you have to pay to go into the spa if you are just going in the hot tub or the sauna? I never got a chance to go in to the spa and find out and I was just wondering. Sounds like a great idea having the kids shower there. Is there an age limit to be allowed in? I will have a 18 Yr old son and a 15 yr old daughter with me as well as twin 13 yr old boys and an 11 yr old girl. Even if one or 2 of them could use that shower it would definately help.

there is not a charge to use the shower/hot tub/saunas. Age is 16. But my 15 year old went there and was well behaved. I dont think your younger ones will be able to go in there.

OK this is probably tmi, but 5 in a room, how do you work out the, lets say personal factor. I could not handle this, we had a cat 11 on the conquest for my dh & I. Even with that size room I could not imagine 5 people in there.

we hardly were in the cabin except to sleep and get ready for dinner. the boys went to the gym to shower for dinner. my niece and I got ready in the cabin. I guess at the time the personal factor didnt matter as we wanted to cruise and could not do 2 cabins. We were able to do the whole 7 day cruise for less then 2,000 total including our airfare and excursions. Keeping my costs down I am able to cruise one a year. A suite sure would be nice..as I am sure the extra space is great. but the price difference for us is always hundredS of dollars.. My next cruise a suite is 960 more for 2 people. (thats a lkot of money to me)

Hello.

Destiny accomodates 5 in one cabin. Our family group has a balcony cabin booked, for the 1/29/06 cruise.

One queen, sofa bed, and two upper beds.

Like everyone says it is doable.

*** Especially when Carnival deducted $600 off the one cabin, for a military discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are 5 people will fit, just fine.

Ok, I have a question now that relates to booking a cruise for a family of 4. We went on a cruise in December '03 and booked one balcony cabin. It was fine - but it was pretty crowded. I have 2 teenagers now age 16 and 14. So for our next cruise (December 2005 on NCL Jewel - 186 days & counting!) I booked a category BB (Balcony) and I (inside cabin right across the hall from our balcony cabin) but I booked BB in me & my daughter's name and the inside cabin in my husband & son's name. I did this because you have to book an adult in each cabin.

So then I was thinking about it - the cruise card (charge card) is also your cabin key - and you all know why I booked two cabins - one for mom & dad and one for the kids! So to anyone out there that has booked 2 cabins - one for the kids and one for the parents - how did you actually book it and how did you work out having the correct room key with the correct names?

I thought before I called to inquire about this, I better ask a seasoned cruiser on cruise critic first.

Everyone can keep their card...and head to the pursers desk and request extra cabin keys. No need to get all new cards. Since it is family and allt eh charges will probably go to you anyways... New cabin keys are all you need

Archived