Any problems with expedient departures

That's a really early flight out! Usually, Carnival recommends scheduling no flights earlier than 1pm from any port city. Guess you can take your chances, but remember the airport is all the way across town and out a bit. Some things could delay your debarkation process. Sometimes there is a snafu with customs, etc., OR the ship could be late coming into Mobile. (That happened, due to fog, not too long ago.)

What you can do is check at the purser's desk and advise them of your early flight. They will give you VIP luggage tags, and you'll be one of the first to leave the ship. But, not if there are reasons the ship can't begin debarkation on time.

I'd try to get a later flight, if it were me. Good luck!:)

My opinion is worth the same amount as you paid for it (nothing), but I wouldn't try it.

Lets say you got lucky, the ship actually gets into port on time, all non US citizens actually report to immigration on time, the ship clears customs on time,,,, I still don't see you arriving at the airport until 9:30. Now you still have to check in at the airline, check your luggage, clear security at the airport, and get to your gate before the gates close.

Too much stress for me on the last day of my vacation.

Notes: Airlines are not as accomidating as they used to be if you miss a flight. You might be able to go standby if you miss your flight but there are no longer many flights with empty seat. If they have to make another reservation for you it may cost you another full fare.

That is too much of a squeaker for me.. The airport in Mobile is 30-45 min depending on Traffic from the port. I personally know that immigration likes to drag their feet on getting everybody processed ( immigration was 30 min late to start the process when I last went on a cruise) Please try and change flight times. It will make your the last day of your vacation that much less stressful

Archived