Found out Stateroom Assignment!

MelissaS

I booked an IS on the 7/31 sailing of the Valor and I have a stateroom assignment as of today! I know it is temporary and will probably change, but I'm excited none the less. We are in a 4E on the Veranda deck. My only concern is that it looks like we are right underneath Rosies, does that mean late night noise while they clean? Thanks!

Melissa

Those cabins are well sought after. If it was a bad location people would not want them. I think your cabin is fine.

What I dont understand is how do you get a temporary cabin?

So it sounds like the cabin was assigned at least 54 days ahead, possibly a day or two more if the OP wasn't checking it every day. That's almost 8 weeks ahead.

That means my target date to start seriously checking daily to see if I've been assigned a cabin is June 28th, 54 days before my cruise.

Jim- in a few days you will start seeing a lot of activity on your cruise. Check availabilty now then compare it in 10 days. Thats when people will start getting assigned- moved up so they can taje inventory to see what kinds of deals they can have. THIs is the time to watch those prices.

Guest Crazeecat5

Just checked my Aug. 1 Liberty balcony guarantee. Nothing yet....

OP, did you use the book/modify method? If not, how?

Sheryl

I don't know it this is common or not, but we have 5 days to go June 13 and the Carnival site is still showing TBA on "my cruise details" page. So, not to be negative, but this may just be an anomoly.

We found out our room assignment when we got our boarding information. A friend of mine who is a frequent cruiser told us to look on the back of our sign and sail voucher. On the bottom is a group of numbers, the last 4 should be your room number. On ours the last 4 numbers were 9274, when we boarded the Glory for our 8A balcony guarantee sure enough it was 9274!!! Try that and see if it works out for you as well!!

I don't know it this is common or not, but we have 5 days to go June 13 and the Carnival site is still showing TBA on "my cruise details" page. So, not to be negative, but this may just be an anomoly.

did you book AFTER final payment? what does the funpass page say? what about the documents?

I also have received my room number for the 7/31 Valor cruise and booked IS guarantee. (4A Riviera Deck-Aft) Found under the modify booking as previously stated. Can't wait to see you there MelissaS. Just wish more people joined the roll call. :D

Guest Crazeecat5

I found my cabin assignment today, 53 days out. Got a 1 catagory upgrade and the cabin is located in a great spot. Can't complain.......

Of course, this could change but at least I won't have to look at the word "guarantee" anymore!

Sheryl

Jim- in a few days you will start seeing a lot of activity on your cruise. Check availabilty now then compare it in 10 days. Thats when people will start getting assigned- moved up so they can taje inventory to see what kinds of deals they can have. THIs is the time to watch those prices.

Well, at the moment from the Carnival site it looks like there are only 4 inside cabins available, one in each of 4 categories. The balconies seem to have a lot left, with most balcony categories showing 9 rooms to pick from (the maximum) so there are at least that many balconies, and perhaps significantly more, available on those decks. Prices look about the same as they've been for a month or so (high).

But final payment isn't due until Sunday, and I expect that to result in significant changes in what's available as people cancel. I'll keep looking.

Incidently, I happened to find an exception to the rule that the maximum number of cabins the Carnival site will list is 9. For whatever reason Category 11 had 10 cabins listed.

I found my cabin assignment today, 53 days out. Got a 1 catagory upgrade and the cabin is located in a great spot. Can't complain.......

Of course, this could change but at least I won't have to look at the word "guarantee" anymore!

Sheryl

on the Liberty---gosh-- I cant wait for you....please take lots of pictures and get them posted. I cant belive there is NO pictures of the ship out here yet.

Guest Crazeecat5

Yes, they are very slow in putting out any pics of the Liberty. Maybe they still have surprises up their sleeves yet to be announced. The big screen on the deck was a very pleasant surprise. Hope there are more to come....

Sheryl

Archived