Cozumel - Two different RCI tour options

fletch1027

Due to the peace of mind of knowing we can't be left behind, we are booking an RCI Tulum tour while in Cozumel next month.

There are two - the "Tulum Ruins Express" and the "Tulum Ruins plus Beach Break". The price difference is $11 per person more for the beach break.

Has anyone done the beach break? It says buffet lunch is included, so I was curious what that entailed and if that plus the beach stop was worth the extra $12 vs. finding something to eat after we get back to Cozumel?

My DW and I did the Tulum with beach break. For the extra $11 you get a small buffet lunch at a local resort and about an hour on the beach. For us, it was well worth it. The crossing over to the mainland, then to the bus, about an hour drive there, plus time at the ruins, and then back makes for a long day. Lunch and they break were more than welcomed.

My DH and I did the lunch break as well. I enjoyed the buffet lunch very much as DH doesn't like Mexican, so I don't often get it. It still had enough in it for DH to eat too.

I think we could also go back for seconds, but maybe someone who was there more recently can confirm or refute that statement.

We also enjoyed strolling down the beach.

I did a similar Tulum ruins trip with Carnival in December; at the parking area when you get to the site there are bars, cafes and the usual souvenir outlets, so plenty of opportunity to have a snack/local beer etc.

I imagine the express tour is short time at the ruins, to give more time for lunch and the hour on the beach, so it is really a trade off as to your interests - do you want more time at Tulum to see/hear about the history and get a snack their, or do you want that hour on the beach - which matters most?

Either way, be aware that the high speed ferry crossing from Cozumel to the mainland can be very, very bouncy. Sit inside midships if you are likely to feel unwell from the motion.:D

I did a similar Tulum ruins trip with Carnival in December; at the parking area when you get to the site there are bars, cafes and the usual souvenir outlets, so plenty of opportunity to have a snack/local beer etc.

I imagine the express tour is short time at the ruins, to give more time for lunch and the hour on the beach, so it is really a trade off as to your interests - do you want more time at Tulum to see/hear about the history and get a snack their, or do you want that hour on the beach - which matters most?

Either way, be aware that the high speed ferry crossing from Cozumel to the mainland can be very, very bouncy. Sit inside midships if you are likely to feel unwell from the motion.:D

The two tours both budget the same amount of time in Tulum, the difference is one heads back to Cozumel and the other goes to the beach / lunch for an extra 90 mins

We were also looking at this and were wondering about something. The description of the Tulum express says they leave you in town and you have to take a taxi back to the ship. Doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of taking a ship excursion? If you are late getting back, they ship will wait for you? If they are late, and then dump everyone in town, its going to be a mess. The Tulum plus Beach Break doesn't have this language. Is that just a drafting thing, or is it really different? Does anyone know?

We did the beach break one 2 years ago & HIGHLY RECOMMEND that one!!! The lunch was very good & the beach is BEAUTIFUL & they have some vendors on the beach that you can buy some things from & I got a FANTASTIC deal on some earrings so for the extra $11-$12 dollars I say YES!!! And we were the LAST ONES coming back onto the ship but since we book through Royal, they HAD to wait for us!! ENJOY & make sure you bring your camera!!!! Oh yeah, and bug spray for the ruins. MOSQUITOES!!! :D

Archived