What's up with the INDY Feb 1 2014?

kdpatte

We have been planning a vacation for my cousins 40th bday next Feb. Two couples have already booked. However today when my cousin went to book his....the rates came up N/A for all categories when he was trying to book on line. Not thinking much of it we called to just have RCCL take care of it. However they could not take care of it. Although the RCCL rep could not tell me exactly what was going on it was apparent that there is an issue. He said hopefully within the next month someone would call to give me information????? Does anyone have any idea what could be going on??

The motorcycle cruise was already a part of this sailing, it's not that. We think Atlantis may have chartered it. We're discussing it on the roll call for this sailing. Keep checking there for updates. For now all we can do is wait to be contacted by RCI.

So if Atlantis did charter it....what does that mean for us? Do we have the choice of still going on that ship? Or will they make us change to another ship? Are there any PERKS involved with us having to change??

If it's a full ship charter, your booking will be cancelled and anything you paid can be refunded. If you still want to go on that ship and date, you would have to book with the charter organization.

They usually do offer some sort of deal, such as allowing you to book a similar cruise at the same rate as the cancelled booking. Sometimes they add OBC too, however it varies.

We just booked this cruise last week while on board the Adventure. The RC agent had a hard time finding us a cabin. (February 6th). When we got home to see about other cabins to switch too, got the NA message. I believe there is also a Paws with a Cause group booking on this cruise and when asking RC about this, they would not confirm or deny, stating that other groups could be setting up a charter, we would just have to wait (probablly late Spring/early summer) to find out and then they would let us know so we could make other arrangements. I even attempted to get them to let us book another cruise with the reduced deposit and on board amenities so we could get a good cabin and price, but no go.

Do not get me wrong here, I think Paws With a Cause (service dogs for those in need, which is a wonderful service) but one: Dogs don't like me, they bite me, my husband is allegic to dogs and we just did not want to wait until RC came clean to tell us if this cruise would have service dogs or would be cancelling our reservation for a charter. So, we rebooked for the Explorer and were able to get a cabin that we liked and a year in advance price. Only problem will be is that Super Bowl will be playing that weekend in NY but we are hopeful we can get on Friday and get out of the way for the masses.

There are 2 other groups booked on that cruise already....Paws for a Cause....and a Harley group that takes their motorcycles off at 3 of the ports for rides. However if you go over to the ROLL CALL forum for this cruise it says that the possible reason is that ATLANTIS which is a charter company is in possible negotiations for this particular sailing. Someone else pointed out that ATLANTIS charters primarily for GAY cruises. There is lots of discussion over on that ROLL CALL so I would suggest that everyone go over and read the information there.

I also check the rates to go on the next 8 day cruise on the IOS 2 weeks later......that one is about $200 pp more. So I would hope if we really get bumped that they do something to accomidate that.

Thank You...Cruise Critic is amazing!

We booked this cruise last week while on the Freedom and the LA booked us a hump balcony cabin. I thought I'd check to see what other cabins were available, found the N/A's and began searching to see if anyone here might know...

Im thinking we wont wait to see what hapens and will cancel and rebook once we figure out which others ship to book.

Thanks again!

So if Atlantis did charter it....what does that mean for us? Do we have the choice of still going on that ship? Or will they make us change to another ship? Are there any PERKS involved with us having to change??

I think we got $200 per cabin, for changing our cruise to something else. They offered a replacement for our Med. cruise they canceled but it didn't work, with our TA that was B2B with it! Like by 2 months......

The Voyager that was canceled was then going to Dubai-Singapore and not the 12nt Med. as we had booked.

I think if you have air booked you may get more compensation to change the flights.

If you are booked on this cruise DO NOT cancel before you are called

If you cancel before they notify you of a charter, you will NOT be given any compensation. If you wait until they call you their typical offer is :

1. Pick from a list of similar cruises in the same category at the same or lower (if available) price that you paid

2. OBC ranging from $50-$200 depending on cruise and cabin booked

But remember, you must have an active booking at the time they call you. If you choose to cancel before they call, you get nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada.

ETA: Although I'm surprised they would cancel on Hogs on the High Seas and Paws for a Cause in favor of Atlantis. Sure, Atlantis does full ship charters, but Hogs and Paws do big charters every year. I hope they at least consulted with these groups first if it is, in fact, a charter.

Archived