... glad you are not on the Triumph

... glad you are not booked on the Triumph through April

... glad you don't work for Carnival today

... glad you don't have to clean that ship

... glad you don't have to WALK onto that ship

... glad you don't work for the EPA

... glad you are not in Mobile

... glad you work for a transport company

... glad you have access to the media frenzy.

... can't wait till those cell towers are within reach.

... glad you're a Cruise Critic member to get all the information reported.

Happy reading today!

Funny how to some on Cruisecritic that anyone who keeps an open mind and dosn't complain about Carinavl 24/7 is a chearleader. Only those on board trully know the conditions on board. However tons of people are posting the worst. And the truth will never really be know, as people will only post about the negitives. And even once those on board get within cell phone range the whole truth will still not come out. Cause within 24 hours of the ship reahing Mobile, 100,000 people will be reporting how bad thigs were for them onboard. And within72 hours would not be surppised if that number reaches 1,000,000.

Is it a bad situation, yes.

Was it unavoidable, doubtfull.

Has the crew and staff onboard done everything in thier

power to make the bestof the situation, don't know, but

given past actions by Carnival crew members if had to

guess would say yes.

Is Carinval going above what they have to, in order to

compasate those onboard and those who upcoming cruise

are effected. YES

While I am grateful that I am not on this cruise - I have to say that should I ever find myself in this position that I would hope that I would be able to conduct myself in a calm and helpful manner to others. Sometimes we are placed in very difficult situations and you have to learn to adjust and cope. Complaining does nothing in a crisis.

I'm hoping that as the stories come out from the passengers - that we hear of some good things - people that helped others, shared their food or balcony, etc. - because that is what should be happening at a time like this.

While I am grateful that I am not on this cruise - I have to say that should I ever find myself in this position that I would hope that I would be able to conduct myself in a calm and helpful manner to others. Sometimes we are placed in very difficult situations and you have to learn to adjust and cope. Complaining does nothing in a crisis.

I'm hoping that as the stories come out from the passengers - that we hear of some good things - people that helped others, shared their food or balcony, etc. - because that is what should be happening at a time like this.

Very well said.

My mom was reading the big thread about the Triumph last night, and was just appalled when I spoke to her later. We had quite a chat about how we hoped we'd respond in a situation like this. Although she's retired and disabled, she reminded me that she'd had plenty of disaster training, and use of those skills, while working for her county's 911 department. The best thing she said, "if we were on that ship, your usual balcony cabin would be full of inside cruisers."

Nice post! I hope your right on all accounts.

Betcha more and more cruisers will come to their senses and book other cruise lines.

There may be a few that will step away from Carnival for a while, but I don't think there'll a mass exodus. Remember a couple of years ago when Toyota was having problems and there was a big recall on certain models? Sure, their sales dropped off for a period of time. But Toyota took care of their problems and recovered from their setback. It will be the same with Carnival. It will take some time for Carnival (and the Triumph passengers) to recover from this. In the meantime, it's unfortunate that the media is going to have a field day with this and, as usual, distort the facts and prey on people's emotions.

Funny how to some on Cruisecritic that anyone who keeps an open mind and dosn't complain about Carinavl 24/7 is a chearleader. Only those on board trully know the conditions on board. However tons of people are posting the worst. And the truth will never really be know, as people will only post about the negitives.

So drifting 5 days is positive?

And even once those on board get within cell phone range the whole truth will still not come out. Cause within 24 hours of the ship reahing Mobile, 100,000 people will be reporting how bad thigs were for them onboard. And within72 hours would not be surppised if that number reaches 1,000,000.

Is it a bad situation, yes.

Was it unavoidable, doubtfull.

Don't judget that yet....it will be reviewed, and Carnival's record is lower than other lines.

Has the crew and staff onboard done everything in thier

power to make the bestof the situation, don't know, but

given past actions by Carnival crew members if had to

guess would say yes.

You can only do so much on the ship. The workers will work, because that is what they are paid to do. Next week, they are out of work.

Is Carinval going above what they have to, in order to

compasate those onboard and those who upcoming cruise

are effected. YES

They don't have to do anything, however, refunding money is the right thing to do. Giving a future cruise credit? Feel good gesture, however, it would be interesting to predict how many people would use it. Tranportation back home? It would be the death of Carnival to just drop passengers off, and tell them to find their own way home. $500 dollars? That's $100 a day to compensate you for suffering and living in a tent city on deck with no running water, and for many, loss of income. Cheerleaders thing this is great, however, if I was on the ship, I wouldn't be dancing with pom poms.

Archived