taxi fares from LAX to Long Beach & San Pedro

rolladice

I am sailing on Sapphire Princess leaving from San Pedro on April 6. I have been trying to get a priceline hotel in San Pedro but didn't get one. I did get one in Long Beach. I could not find any recent prices on taxi fares so called Yellow Cab of Long Beach and got estimates.

LAX to Hotel Maya Long Beach is approx $62-$72.

Hotel Maya Long Beach to San Pedro port is approx. $21-$25.

Hope this helps someone out. If you are interested in info on priceline bidding see previous post of bidding on two rooms in San Pedro.

• 4 weeks later...
It is going to cost me $70-ish to get from LAX to my hotel in Long Beach??? Oh good Lord!

I am certainly glad I ran across this now rather than when I got out of the cab.

Look at Super Shuttle - I think it is around $17 a person each way.....

It is going to cost me $70-ish to get from LAX to my hotel in Long Beach??? Oh good Lord!

I am certainly glad I ran across this now rather than when I got out of the cab.

Cabs in LA are expensive, especially compared to many major cities outside the US and smaller cities in the US. I think it's because demand is a lot less since many people own a car (this is LA, after all). Licensing and operating costs are high (California after all). Distances and trip times in LA are large compared to most US cities...LAX to the Long Beach port area is 25 miles and is 30 minutes if there's no traffic and an hour or more during rush hour.

BTW, cabs charge by distance *and* time at least here in LA....so you will be paying while you sit in traffic on the 405 Freeway. Either plan the cab ride at non-rush hour, or use a flat-rate shuttle.

rolladice I'm on the same cruise, and am flying from Vegas to Long Beach, and trying to figure out how to get from Long Beach to San Pedro ... are there any shuttles from LB to SP, or does Super Shuttle only go from LAX to SP?

Thankyou to rolladice for posting the fares for the taxi. This way you know how much money to have ready. Coming in to Lax is there lots of cabs avalable. on a week day afternoon is there alot of traffic and it takes longer to get to Long beach. Is there less traffic on a sunday. Trying to decide which a to come in prior to a cruise.:)

Most of the shuttle and land transportation services (there are many companies as I discovered a few months ago when trying to decide on which one to take and definitely Prime Time was out after our horrible experience two years ago) will pick you up anywhere in the Los Angeles/Orange County area and drop you off anywhere in the area. Some you will have to call or email to get a quote as their website might just give you quotes involving LAX, OC airport, LB airport, Burbank airport and the major hotels.

rolladice I'm on the same cruise, and am flying from Vegas to Long Beach, and trying to figure out how to get from Long Beach to San Pedro ... are there any shuttles from LB to SP, or does Super Shuttle only go from LAX to SP?

Rolladice here is just planning on taking a taxi from Hotel Maya to San Pedro and planning on spending approx. $25.00. There are four of us to split the fare so it won't be too bad. I called yellow cab in Long Beach and they quoted me a price of $21-$25 to the port. I went to taxiwiz.com and it quoted a price of $15 + tip = $18.00. Hoping the $18.00 is closer to the price.

I have booked Execucar to take four of us from LAX to Hotel Maya for $58.00 + tip= $68.44 and from San Pedro Berth 93 to LAX for $55.00 + tip = $66.00.

This averages out to be $17.00 pp each way the same as Super Shuttle and about the same as a taxi. I like having our own vehicle and not having to wait on anyone else. The other advantage is having it paid for in advance so you don't have to worry about money and what it is going to cost. When you pay for it it has where you can also include the tip at either 18% or 20%.

If there are only two people it would be cheaper to just use Super Shuttle.

I checked prices with Super Shuttle going from Hotel Maya to San Pedro Berth 93 and you would have to do Execucar which costs $69.00 not including tip. Taxi fare would be cheaper.

Rolladice here is just planning on taking a taxi from Hotel Maya to San Pedro and planning on spending approx. $25.00. There are four of us to split the fare so it won't be too bad. I called yellow cab in Long Beach and they quoted me a price of $21-$25 to the port. I went to taxiwiz.com and it quoted a price of $15 + tip = $18.00. Hoping the $18.00 is closer to the price.

Keep in mind that luggage space is limited in most taxis and language for four might not fit in one cab.

Archived