Newbie!

BuffaloLady716

HEY!

This is our first time on a cruise, and we are so nervous!

We are booking (haven't yet) the Epic Nov 23,2014.:D

We are taking our children..(they will be 10,7).

My biggest concern are the rooms. And we don't wanna splurge on the bigger rooms because you don't stay in them.

My question is Which is better the Family Balcony or the Family mini suite balcony? Is there that much of a difference?:confused:

Please Help. :) Thank YOU!

HEY!

This is our first time on a cruise, and we are so nervous!

We are booking (haven't yet) the Epic Nov 23,2014.:D

We are taking our children..(they will be 10,7).

My biggest concern are the rooms. And we don't wanna splurge on the bigger rooms because you don't stay in them.

My question is Which is better the Family Balcony or the Family mini suite balcony? Is there that much of a difference?:confused:

Please Help. :) Thank YOU!

We've not been on the Epic, just my wife and myself sticking to the smaller ships. However, congratulations on choosing a cruise for the family. I can't imagine them not loving it. And...being nervous and super excited and planning is a major part of the fun. You have lots of time between now and then to think of and ask lots of questions....and hang out on here. Be warned...cruising is very addictive.

We are going on our first cruse in May. We will be on the Jewel. We are also taking our 2 kids (9 & 7), and went with the Mini-Suite (wasn't billed as a "family").

I chose it over the Family Balcony as it was quite a bit larger (50 sq. Feet or so), has a divider curtain between the bed and the couch area, and (on our cruise) was only $10 more/person.

I don't think the Epic has the divider curtain, but the Mini-suites are still larger than the Balcony cabins. As others have said, the "family" designation does not get you more space, just a different ship location.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Most minisuites will give you a bathtub instead of the stand up shower. It will also give you more square feet over the balcony room. For the Epic, I would reccomend the mini-suite with 4 people in the cabin. The design of the room makes them seem tighter then the cabins on other ships.

Welcome to the Norwegian family! I've not sailed the Epic, so I am not sure I can answer your specific question. What I will tell you is that no two families vacation in the same way. We personally enjoy lounging in our room (especially our balcony) and being doted on by a Butler and Concierge, so we like to splurge on the Suite Life. :D

Either way, I am confident that you'll enjoy sailing like a Norwegian!

I prefer the minis on the Epic. You will get a bit more elbow room but not 50 square feet as someone else mentioned. Minis are 245 square feet including the balcony while balcony cabins are 216 square feet.

Mini suite categories MA and MCs will have a bathtub/shower combination instead of just a shower.

Did a cabin crawl on the Epic and saw about 12 different rooms. Liked mine a great deal compared to the others.

Archived