Fort Lauderdale Hotel to POM

hawaiissunshine1

Hi Everybody,

I am looking to book my transportation from our Fort Lauderdale hotel that we are staying at the night before our cruise to POM the next morning. I have looked at several different options, and was hoping to get some feedback.

My hotel does not have a shuttle, so I have three primary options. There are 4 adults going, so they are all relatively the same price.

#1: SAS transportation. I have read really good reviews on most of the forums about SAS. I have heard they are reliable and well managed. They don't start picking up from Ft Lauderdale hotels until 11 am, and I want to get to the port nice and early.

#2: Quality Limo service. They have a shuttle that is just a bit cheaper than SAS (not enough that it will sway my decision.... $2/pp), however they start pickups earlier than SAS. I haven't found much in terms of reviews, especially compared to the amount of reviews for SAS, so I was hoping to hear what people thought.

#3: Cab. I looked at a fare finder, and it said the fare would be approximately what the shuttles fare would be. It would allow us to leave whenever we are ready, and have more private transportation.

Any input, as well as any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle are the most often suggested providers between FLL & POM on these boards; all have good reviews, but no one ever bats 1000.

Taxi between FLL and POM should run about $85+tip for the 40 or so minute drive. Your rate will vary a bit depending upon where your hotel is located. Unless there are 5-6 of you (tough to fit into one cab with luggage) a taxi will work out more expensive but can save you time.

If they were going to save me a couple of $$ and get me to the port when desired I would have no hesitation in reserving QLS. Or sleep in a bit, enjoy breakfast and go at 11:00 with SAS.

Good luck! :)

SAS, QLS and Go Airport Shuttle are the most often suggested providers between FLL & POM on these boards; all have good reviews, but no one ever bats 1000.

Taxi between FLL and POM should run about $85+tip for the 40 or so minute drive. Your rate will vary a bit depending upon where your hotel is located. Unless there are 5-6 of you (tough to fit into one cab with luggage) a taxi will work out more expensive but can save you time.

If they were going to save me a couple of $$ and get me to the port when desired I would have no hesitation in reserving QLS. Or sleep in a bit, enjoy breakfast and go at 11:00 with SAS.

Good luck! :)

I would definately recommend QLS. I used them in November 2012 to get to the POM and they were very professional and on time. I would use them again. Like JohninDC stated, saving a few bucks and getting to the port earlier is just an added bonus.:D

Archived