legend camp carnival

DPJAF

i will be traveling in a group of 7 - 4 adults and 3 girls. two girls are 9 and one is 7. this the first cruise for everyone so we don't know what to expect from the camp. will the 7 yr old be allowed to go in the group the 9 yr olds are in? i don't think the younger one will like being by herself and i don't the older ones will want to be in the 6-8 group - too childish. any help on this would be great.

The counselors are usually strict on the age groups, but don't worry, they do an excellent job keeping all the kids happy and busy. I wouldn't make the 9 year olds move down to the younger group. Let them do their own thing. The 7 year old will make friends her own age and have fun with the activities in that group. Remember, Camp Carnival activities are "pick and choose". The kids will get a schedule on the first night (be sure to attend the sign-up meeting and any meet and greet for the different age groups). Once they see the activities, they'll be able to pick and choose which ones they want to participate in. They'll have enough time, outside of Camp Carnival, to get together and swim, etc. Just be positive and remind your 7 year old that she'll have a great time and will meet nice kids her age. I think a lot of parents worry about siblings being separated, but, unless they are homeschooled, kids are used to it.......they do it every day. There are some links, in Family Cruising, to the Camp Carnival Capers if you do a search there. You can get an idea of what will be offered in Camp. Have a fun cruise!

the 9 year olds will be able to sign themselves in & out...the 7 year old won't - major difference...but i agree - she will find her own friends with activities geared toward her age.

http://community.webshots.com/album/299741566PLYKOu

there is the menu for camp activities.. Let the kids look over stuff they COULD be doing on the cruise. The counselor said the activities are fleetwide and only the day and time may change.

the 7 year old will NOT be able to go into the 9 year old program but the 9 year old could do the younger program. Counselors are very strict about the ages. Kids can move down but not up- Please note the 911 year old group can come and go as they please...I dont know if you would want that for your 7 year old.

Archived