Does Disney do anything for people with a Terminal Disease

fredflint

I know this is probably one of the odder topics but a friend of mine has started a fundraiser for a woman with Brain Cancer so that she can take her son on a Disney Cruise before the Cancer Wins.

her story is here and has been mentioned on the local news here in Denver

http://www.culturewest.org/2013/02/10/shelly-bordas-a-story-thats-just-beginning/

So if anyone know a point of contact withing Disney that would be great she does not have long so while paying for the cruise is not a major issue I don't even know if she could get trip insurance if you have a terminal disease.

Please either post here or PM me,

Thanks

Fred - speaking as a parent of a child who went on a Disney cruise through an organization Disney had never heard of, let them know and the extraordinary Disney customer service will be even more extraordinary.

They went out of the way to do anything they could for my son. They won't go crazy but they will possibly do some little thing like leave a basket of goodies for you or maybe a dinner in Palo or something.

I would get in touch with Disney directly. I do know that they take care of children who are sick -- I have a friend whose daughter goes for free and gets in the front of the lines due to illness. If they hear the circumstances, I am sure that they would do something. And if you deal with them directly, things can be done now rather than waiting years for some charity to get to you. This is particularly the case if there is not a financial issue other than the insurance.

Archived