Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

Has anyone seen this video of the raw sewage running down the walls?

No.

However, I have seen pics of people making the best of a very bad situation. Such as using their bodies to spell out words, making hearts of life vests, etc. I've seen pics of people using sheets to shield them from the sun on deck, and mattressess in hallways because it is too hot to sleep in inside cabins with no ventilation.

I haven't yet seen any pics of people "wallowing" in filth, slogging through rivers of sewage, or any of the other drama we've seen discussed for days here on CC and news outlets.

I'm not lacking in compassion, but I do think that most people are probably making the best of a very uncomfortable, very stinky situation. I think the news media will seize on the most dramatic reports they can find. Face it, "it was smelly and hot and uncomfortable, but we are OK" isn't going to get news ratings.

I'm thankful they are almost home. Just wish the drama would scale back just a tad.

Brand loyalists. Since they use the brand, the brand is perfect and does nothing wrong. For them to do something wrong, that would reflect badly on the loyalist.... and since that's impossible, it cannot happen.

When it gets to the point of saying that's "water" in the hallways... lol.

If the water comment is directed at my post then you need a chill pill. I said "might" first of all, because I have been on that ship and know about where that is and it's very near the food prep areas. Also it looks like that person is about to step on them which you'd think they wouldn't do if it was urine. Regardless of what it is, it's still a bad situation.

As far as the other picture, again, not really near a bathroom, plus people are standing on it and again very very near food prep area- so it MIGHT be water. If it is water the cardboard would be wise to keep people from slipping.

Yes I cruise Carnival and will again but I also realize that they've got a lot to answer for in this situation.

If the water comment is directed at my post then you need a chill pill. I said "might" first of all, because I have been on that ship and know about where that is and it's very near the food prep areas. Also it looks like that person is about to step on them which you'd think they wouldn't do if it was urine. Regardless of what it is, it's still a bad situation.

As far as the other picture, again, not really near a bathroom, plus people are standing on it and again very very near food prep area- so it MIGHT be water. If it is water the cardboard would be wise to keep people from slipping.

Yes I cruise Carnival and will again but I also realize that they've got a lot to answer for in this situation.

Since have cruised them, and the ship took no damage and is not in particularly rough seas... what do you think the water is, that no one can walk on... thus the cardboard. I'm talking about the one in the indoor lido buffet. The bathrooms do not use that much water, unless someone clogged a sink out of spite.

Most people do have compassion, but theres no need to be overly dramatic. :)

WOW!! I must say this: if I pay money to go on vacation and end up pooping in a bag that then must be placed in the corridor, there's going to be some drama! :eek:

All you people who are acting like this trip from hell would be a walk in the park are delusional. Cruises are my absolutle favorite kind of vacation but I am going to have to seriously consider future cruises and if I want to take a chance of this happening to me. It's great when people keep their cool and make the best of a bad situation, but Carnival could and SHOULD have done better, especially in light of their mishaps over the last several years.

No.

However, I have seen pics of people making the best of a very bad situation. Such as using their bodies to spell out words, making hearts of life vests, etc. I've seen pics of people using sheets to shield them from the sun on deck, and mattressess in hallways because it is too hot to sleep in inside cabins with no ventilation.

I haven't yet seen any pics of people "wallowing" in filth, slogging through rivers of sewage, or any of the other drama we've seen discussed for days here on CC and news outlets.

I'm not lacking in compassion, but I do think that most people are probably making the best of a very uncomfortable, very stinky situation. I think the news media will seize on the most dramatic reports they can find. Face it, "it was smelly and hot and uncomfortable, but we are OK" isn't going to get news ratings.

I'm thankful they are almost home. Just wish the drama would scale back just a tad.

I agree. I just wanted to see it for myself. You know....gotta look at the train wreck like everyone else. Of course, I do have vested interest in the Triumph as we're supposed to be sailing on her in June. If not, we'll just transfer to the Elation hopefully.

Praying for no more drama for passengers or crew tonight and they step on dry land soon!

Well, the passengers may not be walking around knee deep in sludge, but come on.... this was a trip that was planned, looked forward to, saved money for, possible special ocassion. So if you didn't have air conditioning growing up - sorry - it doesn't compare to expecting to be pampered for a few days and end up spending an additional five days (losing $$$ from missing work and other important engagements) with no ac, sleeping with strangers with no privacy, unhealthy conditions, standing in line for hours for food, using the bathroom into bags, etc.

I know that accidents happen and thank god no one was hurt, etc. so in the big scheme of things - not so bad but really, how can some of you compare it to visiting other countries, etc? You CHOOSE to visit or you CHOOSE to not have air conditioning at home. But you certainly would be warranted in being upset that this took so long to handle, you are exposed to unhealthy conditions or you could lose your job or lose pay, etc.

Sad, sad, sad.... disaster - no, but inconvenient and annoying.

I applaud the passengers that are making the most of it - I would like to think I would be one of them, but the truth is, I like my privacy and comfort and would probably be miserable.

Debinnova

IMHO, Everyone Defending Carnival Get Off Your High Horse

If you're not on the ship, who are you to say how you'd feel, or what you'd do.

Believe me, the truth about this will come out. IF Carnival is guilty, do you really want to have to really turn around and eat your words later? Remember, what you post now, NEVER GOES AWAY.

All I'm saying is, let the investigators do their jobs once the ship docks. Then you can talk about how bad these passengers are 'trying to get one over on Carnival'. You ever stop to think, it could be the other way around? I'm just sayin'.

Your right if you are not on the ship you can not say how you'd feel or what you would do, but that goes both ways, those complaining about the horrid conditions, how do you know? yes some on the ship have said that, but I am sure there are an equal number that do not think it is all that bad. I heard one that said the person they know on the ship is going thru hell today that everyone is getting sick, but in the next sentence they have not heard from them since Sunday when this first happened, so how can they know what is going on today. When everyone gets off the ship they will all have a story to tell, but no matter how good or bad, I can guarentee that the news media will only report the bad, because that is what everyone wants to hear

My thought that it MIGHT be water is because its near food prep areas. I would think some freezers have been without power and might have been the source. Considering the floor is tile, even IF it is only water, if it pooled there because the ship was listing the cardboard could simply be a way to soak it up a bit and prevent people from slipping. This is often done in restaurant kitchens I have worked in.

While it very well may be all or part urine, again, the person in the pic seems to be going to walk on it despite half the walkway being clear (or at least clearER). Given a choice I'd go around ursine soaked cardboard if I could- so again that's why I said it MIGHT be water.

Could have been much worse. Just think people all around the world live in conditions much worse than these everyday!

Sorry, but I agree. It's really unfortunate that they people had to undergo this kind of thing, but they have food and are surviving, right? People in third world countries would be amazed at what we consider tragic.

As bad as it seems to some and I can not say how I would feel. I sure the heck would rather be on a cruise ship in the middle of 80-90 degree weather doing nothing and in those conditions than be at work PERIOD! With an additional 5 days are you kidding!!! Still would rather be there than in cold 20-30 degree weather. But thats my humble opinion.

april

I would totally be the one out there with the heart shaped life jackets!! Haha... But I also choose to make the best of a situation, regardless of how "horrific" it is.

I do feel for these people.. It would suck to be expecting an awesome vacation and then that happen, but at least they are all alive.

AND- It would also be awesome to get 2 free cruises + $500! I would sleep on the deck and take a poop in a bag for that!!

As bad as it seems to some and I can not say how I would feel. I sure the heck would rather be on a cruise ship in the middle of 80-90 degree weather doing nothing and in those conditions than be at work PERIOD! With an additional 5 days are you kidding!!! Still would rather be there than in cold 20-30 degree weather. But thats my humble opinion.

april

are you related to sarah palin by any chance?

april

I've spent all week at work in 20-30 degree weather. I have also gone to the bathroom at the proper place at the proper time, eaten regular meals, and retained some shred of dignity. I would not consider an event which involved the loss of these things to be any kind of "vacation".

It will be 80-90 degrees where I am in a few months. Nobody at that time, including anybody on these boards, will be saying "Hey - it's 90 degrees. If we only had stench and discomfort it would be tropical paradise! Yay Carnival! No refund for me..."

On the other hand, maybe Carnival should offer a special charter for those who like to "tough it out". They can plug the toilets, turn off the AC - August would be a good time - and hand out plastic bags and a box of dog biscuits on the gangplank. No crybabies!

Sorry, but I agree. It's really unfortunate that they people had to undergo this kind of thing, but they have food and are surviving, right? People in third world countries would be amazed at what we consider tragic.

Ever heard the phrase just because others have it worse doesn't make your pain not valid. There is always someone who has it worse. That's not the point. No this isn't a disaster but it's ridiculous to read people post this beats a good day at work or I wish I was on this cruise to get a free cruise. All I think when I read that is how sad their life must be to feel that way.

april

If that's really the case than I feel sad for you.

april

You may want to think about finding a new job if its THAT bad!! Holy heck....

If that's really the case than I feel sad for you.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that there are people out there who like adventure, who enjoy new experiences, and who think it would be cool to be on that ship right now? How often do we in America get the chance to be "pioneers"? I feel sad for you that all you see is the negative aspects.

I don't know that I would be happy the entire time, if I were there. I'm sure I would have my moments - but I honestly think all in all it would be ok. The fact that I always get a balcony room may have something to do with it, but then I also always get the aft balcony, and the aft never got working toilets. Even so, it would be such a story to tell!!

I would not have wanted to be on the ship for this cruise and it looks like ppl just tried to make the best of a bad situation..reminds me of after Hurricane Ike..no electricity,no water and limited food..to the ppl on that ship from Texas they should pretty much know how to huncker down and ride out a bad time..we had to gravity flush our toilet w/water from our rain barrels..not as bad as this I know my point is..deep down we all have that survival mode..and as the pictures tell..this was NOT a ship full of sissies..I would just like to tell them all..WELL DONE..WELCOME HOME..

Called a "FLOATING PETRI DISH" on TV, raw sewage running down the walls...the mattresses now soaked with the sewage on the bottom...unimaginable stench...four hours for a piece of bread...

Yeah, $ergent $chultz, its all just a hunky-dory pleasure cruise with well fed, clean comfortable passengers. No problem, eh $chultz?

Your continued harassment is the only stench around here. :rolleyes:

Archived