Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

You're not saying YOU were on the fated Splendor cruise. Even if you spoke with a few passengers that did, you couldn't possibly speak for every single one of them. So, please, don't try.

No one is saying conditions on the Splendor and the Triumph were not survivable. Clearly, they were. What people are saying is there is a problem. The cruise line industry is largely unregulated. None of them are registered in the United States, so the Coast Guard has very limited jurisdiction over them. Maintenance should be a top priority and we shouldn't have to take some corporation's word for it that their ships are well maintained. The facts are beginning to show the opposite is true.

Face it. These ships are worked harder than the crews who work inside them. We need assurances that companies are not scrimping. Things need to change and they have to change now. Otherwise, CNN will one day cover a cruise disaster much larger than Concordia.

IMHO, Everyone Defending Carnival Get Off Your High Horse

If you're not on the ship, who are you to say how you'd feel, or what you'd do.

Believe me, the truth about this will come out. IF Carnival is guilty, do you really want to have to really turn around and eat your words later? Remember, what you post now, NEVER GOES AWAY.

All I'm saying is, let the investigators do their jobs once the ship docks. Then you can talk about how bad these passengers are 'trying to get one over on Carnival'. You ever stop to think, it could be the other way around? I'm just sayin'.

are all these carnival apologists, shareholders, or just wilfully blind?

Brand loyalists. Since they use the brand, the brand is perfect and does nothing wrong. For them to do something wrong, that would reflect badly on the loyalist.... and since that's impossible, it cannot happen.

When it gets to the point of saying that's "water" in the hallways... lol.

Called a "FLOATING PETRI DISH" on TV, raw sewage running down the walls...the mattresses now soaked with the sewage on the bottom...unimaginable stench...four hours for a piece of bread...

Yeah, $ergent $chultz, its all just a hunky-dory pleasure cruise with well fed, clean comfortable passengers. No problem, eh $chultz?

IMHO, Everyone Defending Carnival Get Off Your High Horse

Believe me, the truth about this will come out. IF Carnival is guilty, do you really want to have to really turn around and eat your words later? Remember, what you post now, NEVER GOES AWAY.

All I'm saying is, let the investigators do their jobs once the ship docks. Then you can talk about how bad these passengers are 'trying to get one over on Carnival'. You ever stop to think, it could be the other way around? I'm just sayin'.

What are you proposing Carnival may be found guilty of?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HAHAHA

You are kidding' date=' right?!?!?

To me it's a terrible sight to see, I can't imagine what those poor people are going through. Cruising in filthy conditions. Wallowing in one's own or someone's filth is unacceptable.

No heat or A/C, limited food, sewage seeping everywhere, smell of fecal waste material, sleeping on open decks[i'].

[/i]

I'm amazed at the pure ignorance shown by the Carnival cheerleaders. Pure ignorance.

I know exactly what I would do. I'd go freakin' CRAZY. :mad:

My idea of "roughing it" is when room service is slow. Cardinal sins in my home are running out of ice and/or toilet paper. When our HVAC broke down in June and we didn't have air conditioning in a week of 90+ degree temps, I slept in the basement on an air mattress one night and then shelled out $200 for a window unit so I could sleep in a bed.

To those who say there are places all over the world where the conditions are worse- would you pay thousands of dollars to go live in one for them for a week? :rolleyes:

If I ever go on another cruise, I will definitely book a balcony. And I'll be bringing a LOT more booze and xanax!

Because without those things I'd be tempted to swim home.

I could care less if this was a carnival, Rcc or princess ship I still say most on these boards are being drama queens. It's a camping trip at sea

No, it is not! When I go camping, I'm able to start a fire to warm myself, I can go to the bathroom well away from my tent to avoid the smells, and I have the opportunity to provide and cook my own food. All things they aren't able to do on this ship.

Yeah, $ergent $chultz, its all just a hunky-dory pleasure cruise with well fed, clean comfortable passengers. No problem, eh $chultz?

Nobody said that. Nobody said anyone was well fed, clean, or comfortable. I think the majority of people who disagree with you are saying that there's a lot of dramatics going on.

No doubt, people are roughing it here, but it looks like it's not the "floating cesspool" that people are claiming. A little seepage and backed up sewage, sure... and yes they've had to deal with it for several days. But the fact that people are writing goofy messages on sheets, and that a lot of people are obviously still occupying their rooms means that there's a lot of "much a doo" (you see what i did there?) about nothing. (the preceeding was a joke in case your sense of humor is broken.)

Should Carnival have offloaded passengers onto another ship? Sure. Could it have been handled better? Sure. I hope carnival does learn some things from this.

As for "Brand Loyalty" I'm not loyal to any brand. Tomorrow will be my first cruise.

No, it is not! When I go camping, I'm able to start a fire to warm myself, I can go to the bathroom well away from my tent to avoid the smells, and I have the opportunity to provide and cook my own food. All things they aren't able to do on this ship.

We sometimes camp at campgrounds next to the non flushable bathrooms and they stink pretty bad but we always survive. You should see how we camp sometimes when we forget stuff. You may have to eat an Oreo sandwich because all we brought were Oreos and bread.

You're not saying YOU were on the fated Splendor cruise. Even if you spoke with a few passengers that did, you couldn't possibly speak for every single one of them. So, please, don't try.

No one is saying conditions on the Splendor and the Triumph were not survivable. Clearly, they were. What people are saying is there is a problem. The cruise line industry is largely unregulated. None of them are registered in the United States, so the Coast Guard has very limited jurisdiction over them. Maintenance should be a top priority and we shouldn't have to take some corporation's word for it that their ships are well maintained. The facts are beginning to show the opposite is true.

Face it. These ships are worked harder than the crews who work inside them. We need assurances that companies are not scrimping. Things need to change and they have to change now. Otherwise, CNN will one day cover a cruise disaster much larger than Concordia.

So cruise with another cruise line! Or, don't cruise at all! Get over your self. Your the same type of person that complains about long lines for food, music is to loud, or those kids are having to much fun. People like you are the ones blowing this way out of proportion.

I do not camp. EVER. My minimum requirements for vacation are flush toilets and hot running water. And air conditioning. And ice in my drinks.

Apparently Carnival can't guarantee those things. :rolleyes:

And I can totally respect you for that. ;) But you have to admit you would probably survive the ordeal and get over it even though it wasn't ideal!

We sometimes camp at campgrounds next to the non flushable bathrooms and they stink pretty bad but we always survive. You should see how we camp sometimes when we forget stuff. You may have to eat an Oreo sandwich because all we brought were Oreos and bread.

I go through similar or worse than that when I do volunteer work in 3rd world countries, but that doesn't mean I want or should experience the same on a cruise. In fact I question anybody who thinks "I survived" is a good measure of a cruise which is what you seem to be comparing this to.

But you have to admit you would probably survive the ordeal and get over it even though it wasn't ideal!
I'm not saying I wouldn't survive. I'm a very strong swimmer. ;)

But seriously, when I am hot and miserable and hungry and tired I tend to share that wealth. It's far more likely I would be thrown overboard after several days of Triumph's conditions, long before I could jump. :eek:

I'm a princess. But I never denied it.

Has anyone seen this video of the raw sewage running down the walls? I saw link on my phone at cnn.com but now can't find it on the pc. Just curious to see how bad is BAD.

Have to say I'm impressed with this use of cardboard to soak "water" or whatever is on the floors. I would have never thought of that. If anything, folks on dry land should use this opportunity to think about the what ifs and different ways of survival there are in a disaster situation. You never know when one will strike.

I am sure that the experience was unpleasant for quite a few. But horrific would be having to be on the ship with bloody body parts and other horrible conditions. My brothers and sisters and I grew up with an outhouse no air conditioning and not much food. So maybe everyone is bringing their own background and experiences to the discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My position is that this matter has now become a matter for investivation by the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board and the U.S. Coast Guard under the authority of the Bahamas Maritime Authority.

The report to follow, will itself bear out whether the passengers of the Triumph are being "Drama Queens" or not.

It has already been reported, that passengers have been exposed to unsanitary/unhealthy conditions for an extended period of time.

I pity the passengers, but even more so, I pity the crew who have to continue to serve the passengers in such conditions.

Again, all I'm sayin' is the truth of the matter will come out. Whether it's that Carnival is at fault, or whether passengers are over-dramatizing, I'm not there, and I don't have the facts.

BUT, if I lost a weeks worth of work, $500 wouldn't cut it. I don't care if they gave me another cruise down the line. And it goes without saying, they better give me back my money for the one that was ruined.

Don't forget that they're giving out free booze. Why? Why else? To keep the passengers sedated. Think about it.

I go through similar or worse than that when I do volunteer work in 3rd world countries, but that doesn't mean I want or should experience the same on a cruise. In fact I question anybody who thinks "I survived" is a good measure of a cruise which is what you seem to be comparing this to.

I don't think anyone is saying this will go down as the greatest cruise in history... But it wasn't the end of the world...

Yeah, it's not a matter of whether you could make do, sure I could make do, especially if I got to the minibar before they locked it, but the point is, should I HAVE to make due.

If standards are so low that this is on some level acceptable, well, the standards have gotten pretty low and the company has absolutely no reason to improve and do right by anyone.

In other words, if things like this are okay, don't expect it to get any better before it gets worse.

Triumph did have propulsion issues going back to December.

CCL says it had nothing to do with the fire, but I'd rather wait for the investigation, personally.

I am sure that the experience was unpleasant for quite a few. But horrific would be having to be on the ship with bloody body parts and other horrible conditions. My brothers and sisters and I grew up with an outhouse no air conditioning and not much food. So maybe everyone is bringing their own background and experiences to the discussion.

Exactly! We have no air conditioning and when the electric goes down no septic or water!

Archived