What to do with travel kettle after weeks stay, can you keep in case ?

Hi....

Booked our stay before the cruise (wish now had done other way round but hey-ho )

Anyway , we are staying at Thomas Bay Hotel in Corfu and won’t be any tea making facilities in room. Want to take a travel kettle just to use in Hotel (know def cant on ship ;) )

Just wondering if anyone has taken a kettle aboard in their case etc under same circumstances and just left it in their case.

Or , can we just hand it over as we get on ship or sooner………...don’t want to be pulled aside like a convict in front of everyone when it’s been spotted in the case if x -rayed if you know what i mean as however we plead our innocence we will look guilty (haha) :eek::eek:

I would not worry too much as I bet hundreds of people have done Stay and cruises which means they possibly have had a

travel kettle and even a travel iron .It is prohibited to use them but not to carry them .

Looking it from this way ,your out shopping and you see a very nice candle and you think I'm having that and you buy it .

Same thing you would not be allowed to use light it onboard but put away in your case is no problem :).

Should any of the above be wrong, they may make you walk the plank :eek::D

Thanks Kalos, given me a titter as usual and made perfect sense :)

Are those your vidios ive been watching on youtube of Majesty ? If so very good :D:D

Glad to be of service and thanks yes they are glad you liked them .:D

Glad to be of service and thanks yes they are glad you liked them .:D

While you are here kalos, silly question but are both pools on Majesty deep :eek: all along, eg do either have an end where you can touch the bottom ( im 5'4 lol ) im not the best swimmer , like to be able to put a toe down etc.... :o

Also another daft question, its first time we've added a stay on and as we are doing it first do you know if they pick you up in the morning to take you to the ship or leave you till later .. Thanks !! ;)

Hi....

Booked our stay before the cruise (wish now had done other way round but hey-ho )

Anyway , we are staying at Thomas Bay Hotel in Corfu and won’t be any tea making facilities in room. Want to take a travel kettle just to use in Hotel (know def cant on ship ;) )

Just wondering if anyone has taken a kettle aboard in their case etc under same circumstances and just left it in their case.

Or , can we just hand it over as we get on ship or sooner………...don’t want to be pulled aside like a convict in front of everyone when it’s been spotted in the case if x -rayed if you know what i mean as however we plead our innocence we will look guilty (haha) :eek::eek:

I took my travel kettle to Aegean cruise and then Thomas Bay hotel last Sept. To be honest I only used it once and I did keep it out of sight of maids so (I cannot remember) may have been a request not to use them.

I took coffee sachets and t bags and dried milk and as i did not use them I left them for the maids.

There is no fridge in the room if you need milk and it is quite expensive to buy from the excellent little shop up the road.

I saw many people having tea or coffee round the pool/ in the bar so you can buy it from the hotel and it's not expensive.

I tried both coffee and tea at breakfast. No coffee/tea pots....coffee was served and you got a tea bag to make in your big size mug.

I just kept my kettle on the ship under the bed in a locked case.

It's not going with me next time. :D

Hi....

I haven't taken a kettle on board but I was pulled over at x-ray last year on another ship as I had " too many wires " tongs, straightners, phone charger.

Hi....

Ach you`ll be fine Dreamgirl..We`ve taken a travel iron aboard on numerous occasions after our weeks stay.

While you are here kalos, silly question but are both pools on Majesty deep :eek: all along, eg do either have an end where you can touch the bottom ( im 5'4 lol ) im not the best swimmer , like to be able to put a toe down etc.... :o

Also another daft question, its first time we've added a stay on and as we are doing it first do you know if they pick you up in the morning to take you to the ship or leave you till later .. Thanks !! ;)

You are like me, Dreamgirl, I too like to feel the bottom.. Cannot help you with the Majesty as I did not go in the pools....I just didn't fancy it.

I should warn you, however, that the Thomas Bay has a lovely clean pool but it is deep at one end and shallow at the other with only a bit in the middle that I could swim in.:eek: I used a float, one of the long, snakelike ones, which you can buy cheaply in the village shops. You can curl it round the inside of your case and use it on the ship. :D. Oh, and the water temperature is reasonably warm.

You are like me, Dreamgirl, I too like to feel the bottom.. Cannot help you with the Majesty as I did not go in the pools....I just didn't fancy it.

I should warn you, however, that the Thomas Bay has a lovely clean pool but it is deep at one end and shallow at the other with only a bit in the middle that I could swim in.:eek: I used a float, one of the long, snakelike ones, which you can buy cheaply in the village shops. You can curl it round the inside of your case and use it on the ship. :D. Oh, and the water temperature is reasonably warm.

Ah thanks Jackanne! Im such a wimp if i cant touch the bottom. Dont really mind if can get from a-b without the possiblility of anyone coming near me or perish the though jumpling in near me! A mermaid i am not lol ! (Plus my mascara might run.....) :eek:

Not sure what to do about the kettle, we do love a cup of tea though when we get in bed at night and first thing so may just take it and buy a small milk each day.

Will of course buy some from hotel too ;);)

Ach you`ll be fine Dreamgirl..We`ve taken a travel iron aboard on numerous occasions after our weeks stay.

Phuuw :D Thanks Jim.

Just didnt want to look like idiots if we were singled out in front of everyone :o:o:o

Im sure it was you who kindly gave us some advice about the Son Matias wasnt it ?

We've moved our dates so changed the whole lot so Son Matias is def on the "to do" list for another year when we will hopefully get on the Dream again :)

I haven't taken a kettle on board but I was pulled over at x-ray last year on another ship as I had " too many wires " tongs, straightners, phone charger.

My grandson, age 7, was pulled over because there was something suspicious in his backpack. Turned out it was my suitcase scales, which I used last on leaving home and slipped into his bag because it was half empty. He was very upset!

While you are here kalos, silly question but are both pools on Majesty deep all along, eg do either have an end where you can touch the bottom ( im 5'4 lol ) im not the best swimmer , like to be able to put a toe down etc.... :o

Sorry ,not a clue ,I put my toes down in the bar :cool:

Also another daft question, its first time we've added a stay on and as we are doing it first do you know if they pick you up in the morning to take you to the ship or leave you till later .. Thanks !!

Having been on the late Doncaster flight home ,we were onboard the ship and i did see the odd independent family turning up around midday

and not far behind them was a flight from Gatwick who were soon onboard , so I would assume mid day boarding .(But not sure )

I should warn you, however, that the Thomas Bay has a lovely clean pool but it is deep at one end and shallow at the other with only a bit in the middle that I could swim in. I used a float, one of the long, snakelike ones, which you can buy cheaply in the village shops. You can curl it round the inside of your case and use it on the ship. :D. Oh, and the water temperature is reasonably warm.

Jakanne, this could really catch on and could also be used at muster ,which would save you going to your cabin for your life-vest ;):D

inflatable_wrap_around_snake.jpg

It's the future !!

Hi globetrotter , were they in your hand or hold baggage? I take hairdryer, camera charger and phone charger so hope im ok. Usually put in case :cool:

You will be pleased to know, Kalos, that I did not take my kettle this time:)

I did manage to get through the week without my morning cuppa in bed :) I am however looking forward to my cuppa on the Dream :D

But on previous cruise and stays, I have taken my kettle in my case and no-one ever said anything.

DH got his bag opened at the airport once. They seemed to think his binoculars were a gun :rolleyes: He packs them in the case now.

Having been on the late Doncaster flight home ,we were onboard the ship and i did see the odd independent family turning up around midday

and not far behind them was a flight from Gatwick who were soon onboard , so I would assume mid day boarding .(But not sure )

Jakanne, this could really catch on and could also be used at muster ,which would save you going to your cabin for your life-vest ;):D

It's the future !!

That's a better model than mine. Love the colour! :D

I used a float, one of the long, snakelike ones, which you can buy cheaply in the village shops. You can curl it round the inside of your case and use it on the ship. Oh, and the water temperature is reasonably warm.
Oooh I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses one of those floaty snakes :D I used one when we went away with the family last year and my five year old grand-daughter thought it was hilarious:rolleyes:

Oooh I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses one of those floaty snakes :D I used one when we went away with the family last year and my five year old grand-daughter thought it was hilarious:rolleyes:

If you do a few exercises with them first, then people might think you are doing water aerobics and keeping fit! :D

Hi globetrotter , were they in your hand or hold baggage? I take hairdryer, camera charger and phone charger so hope im ok. Usually put in case :cool:

They were in my hand luggage. It was boarding the Spirit. I had a day pass to visit friends on board. I had stayed a couple of nights in a hotel before my visit to the ship so everything was in an overnight bag.

Im sure it was you who kindly gave us some advice about the Son Matias wasnt it ?

We've moved our dates so changed the whole lot so Son Matias is def on the "to do" list for another year when we will hopefully get on the Dream again :)

Dreamgirl

With us being regulars to the Son Matias it possily was me who gave yo advice....Were off there again in a few months :D.Saw that you had jumped ship and hotel :D,keep the Son Matias on your "to do" list

Not forgetting the kitchen sink :D

That got taken off me last year whilst boarding :p

It's the future !!

Brilliant, Kalos :D

Archived