2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

We have 8 more months to wait and I'm getting antsy! Right now there's not a whole lot we CAN do so not doing anything is driving me crazy. haha

How early do you plan to get your dress? My BFF is coming to visit in a few weeks to go dress shopping with me but I'm wondering if it's TOO early to actually buy it. Should I wait?

Anyone want to post pics of the dresses they are thinking about?

How early do you plan to get your dress? My BFF is coming to visit in a few weeks to go dress shopping with me but I'm wondering if it's TOO early to actually buy it. Should I wait?

I started dress shopping 11 months out. Bought mine at 10 months. You want to give yourself time to have your dress cone in and get it fitted. Mine took exactly 3 months to ship in. Bridesmaid dresses were 5 months. I'm not staying the fitting process until January though (wedding is in April).

Oh and no pictures since my fiancee is a cruise critic wedding board stalker. But as I have said before, I went with Stella York as the designer since they are very destination wedding-ish.

Sent from my HTCONE using Forums mobile app

2preschoolers - you are at a good time to start shopping! I actually purchased mine at 8 months (in August) and it has already come in. I won't start the alterations process until February for my April wedding. But it's helped to have it, I've already decided against my original jewelry and shoe choices and still have plenty of time to figure it out!

We have 8 more months to wait and I'm getting antsy! Right now there's not a whole lot we CAN do so not doing anything is driving me crazy. haha

Now is the time to dress shop. I was told that you should purchase your dress about 8 months before wedding. Some dresses can take 6 months to come in and it can take a month or so for alterations. I'm about 7 months until wedding and most bridal shops are telling me that I'm pushing the deadline. But it also depends on where you get the dress from and the designer. David's Bridal tends to come in a little quicker. And you could also buy used or sample gowns, where you can take it home that day. You also should purchase BM dresses by 6-7 months.

Today I have less than two months until its our turn to get married! I'm really excited but I am occasionally having nightmares where I don't have my stuff together. I just took my dress to get altered this week, and I will have it Dec. 4.

I purchased my dress at 5 months before the wedding. But I didn't have to order it. I got it at a local bridal store. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that my dress consultant was gone for ten minutes because she knew of a dress that was tucked away in the far recesses of all the dresses, that would be everything I wanted. And it was! It was the only dress left, it was discontinued, and was 3 years old. Which was excellent on two levels. 1. That dress was marked down so low from the original. 2. There was no ordering this dress, it was take it or leave it. I have heard of other girls ordering dresses and it can take a while to order and come in. It just depends on what you are looking at. You can wait to find a dress, but you may be limited in what you can look at if you don't have time to order the dress. So it is not too early to buy. If you are financially able to, and you love the dress without a doubt, buy it!

http://http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/33226/Private-Label-by-G-1426-Size-10.html

This is my dress. I love love love it. I had them add in a corset in the back,so my dress will be a tiny different from what is shown.

I bought my dress one month after becoming engaged and 7 months prior to my wedding. I wanted a simple beachy dress and after 13 this is the one I chose...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_One-Shoulder-Chiffon-Gown-with-Floral-Appliques-V3398_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Trend-One-Shoulder

Edited by couchigian

I bought my dress one month after becoming engaged and 7 months prior to my wedding. I wanted a simple beachy dress and after 13 this is the one I chose...

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_One-Shoulder-Chiffon-Gown-with-Floral-Appliques-V3398_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Trend-One-Shoulder

Beautiful! Love the one shoulder!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

I tried this dress on too!! It was one of my top choices!! I ended up going with a different dress, but I love this one too!

well with 4 months out going to give a little update. We finished the Invites and will be mailing them out this weekend (will be putting up a post to showcase all of my hard work making my own boarding pass invites). Also, we have planned a "grooms dinner" (feels silly calling a rehearsal dinner, we have nothing to rehearse) in the Carnival steakhouse on board. We have right now 29 people booked for it (number will go up if any more people book). I have read threads about the steakhouse making you book out half of the room or the entire venue but my FMIL has had no issues dealing with them. We also have a cocktail hour booked for right before the dinner. They just doubled the prices for an open bar hour, which sucks. :(

Hopefully everyone is having a bout of smooth sailing like I have for the past month or so!!! Now onto dealing with how I want my St. Thomas reception to look :D

well with 4 months out going to give a little update. We finished the Invites and will be mailing them out this weekend (will be putting up a post to showcase all of my hard work making my own boarding pass invites). Also, we have planned a "grooms dinner" (feels silly calling a rehearsal dinner, we have nothing to rehearse) in the Carnival steakhouse on board. We have right now 29 people booked for it (number will go up if any more people book). I have read threads about the steakhouse making you book out half of the room or the entire venue but my FMIL has had no issues dealing with them. We also have a cocktail hour booked for right before the dinner. They just doubled the prices for an open bar hour, which sucks. :(

Hopefully everyone is having a bout of smooth sailing like I have for the past month or so!!! Now onto dealing with how I want my St. Thomas reception to look :D

Yours? It's not just yours. I'm part of it too miss. :D

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm not "official" yet but we are doing a November wedding with carnival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have officially booked our wedding for November 2014 on the Carnival Breeze! The ceremony is taking place at the Old Grand House in Grand Cayman then we are having our reception back on the ship. :)

Well Congrats to our two new November brides!!!

Nursegirl17, Grand Cayman will be gorgeous for a wedding! Are you renting our the steakhouse for your reception? We just went through the hassle of getting the steakhouse for our Groom's (rehearsal) dinner. It went much smoother than I would have thought after hearing about how carnival wanted to handle larger reservations from people of CC.

CloAnnT141927, do you know what ship you are looking at? and Embarkment or island wedding?

We are gonna try to get the disco for our reception. Neither of us eat steak so we prob wont go to the steakhouse at all.

Does anyone know, if we get the disco is there still someone that does announcing and stuff like that? I want to try to book that soon so we dont have any issues getting that for the reception.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

We are gonna try to get the disco for our reception. Neither of us eat steak so we prob wont go to the steakhouse at all.

Does anyone know, if we get the disco is there still someone that does announcing and stuff like that? I want to try to book that soon so we dont have any issues getting that for the reception.

The live entertainment request form says you get to choose a dj, social host, entertainment tech (to play iPod), 6 piece show band, or cocktail piano player.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

First Congratulations!!!

If you are certain that you want the Disco - you must book the DJ, we knew we wanted the Liquid Lounge so we booked the DJ; they only do the DJ for one wedding so the sooner you book it the better, we booked ours 16 months in advance.....

Hi everyone I am a November 2014 bride booking soon but it's defo happening. We are booked on the Indy transatlantic out of Southampton and will be getting married in St. Thomas however I was hoping for some help I am debating on booking through RCI for the wedding or if we could use a wedding planner from St. Thomas being from the UK I have no idea if this would be a possibility due to help with the marriage licence can anyone help xx

Hi everyone I am a November 2014 bride booking soon but it's defo happening. We are booked on the Indy transatlantic out of Southampton and will be getting married in St. Thomas however I was hoping for some help I am debating on booking through RCI for the wedding or if we could use a wedding planner from St. Thomas being from the UK I have no idea if this would be a possibility due to help with the marriage licence can anyone help xx

I think you get a lot more flexibility with what you want if you get married on the island. You should contact planners on the island to see what they say to your questions. If they aren't what you wanted then I would look into the ship.

I am using Janelle from Island Bliss weddings in St. Thomas and I know there are others on the island. A lot of people on CC have used Janelle and were very happy with what they received. It only takes a little bit of research and a few emails to know what you want to go with.

Good Luck!

I think you get a lot more flexibility with what you want if you get married on the island. You should contact planners on the island to see what they say to your questions. If they aren't what you wanted then I would look into the ship.

I am using Janelle from Island Bliss weddings in St. Thomas and I know there are others on the island. A lot of people on CC have used Janelle and were very happy with what they received. It only takes a little bit of research and a few emails to know what you want to go with.

Good Luck!

Thanks so much I have contacted janelle already after seeing your earlier posts however I have a budget of around $4000 so not sure what she can do with that I will keep you updated thanks so much for your help xx

Thanks so much I have contacted janelle already after seeing your earlier posts however I have a budget of around $4000 so not sure what she can do with that I will keep you updated thanks so much for your help xx

If that is you budget for wedding and reception then you can do a lot. If that is for everything including cruise, dress, ect. Janelle has nice packages to get married on the beach and then you could always celebrate on the ship. Her packages range from $400-500 to upwards of $10-11,000 and she works within your budget, never tries to upsell you on anything.

I wish you luck sorting it out, its exciting once you get the ship/place of wedding/and dates figured out!:D

If that is you budget for wedding and reception then you can do a lot. If that is for everything including cruise, dress, ect. Janelle has nice packages to get married on the beach and then you could always celebrate on the ship. Her packages range from $400-500 to upwards of $10-11,000 and she works within your budget, never tries to upsell you on anything.

I wish you luck sorting it out, its exciting once you get the ship/place of wedding/and dates figured out!:D

That's my budget for just the wedding and reception. So fingers crossed xx

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo annoyed with RCL. First the ship was supposed to be in St Thomas, the wedding location, at 9 am. Then it was 10. Our travel agent called RCL several times to confirm that the ship would be on island time (AST-1 hour ahead). They said yes. We are two weeks away and all the sudden they are going to be on EST. So this means Island Bliss has to adjust the itinerary, vendors, etc. Now the private excursion we set up had to be cancelled bc of a scheduling conflict. AH!

Moral of the story: check back with RCL every month if you have to. Make sure you know when the ship arrives and what time zone it will be on.