2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

My fiancé and I are getting married on a glacier while in Juneau in May. We are excited, first cruise for both of us.

I am getting a little nervous. We found out that Juneau will be a tender port and have heard horrible things about the tender process. For those of you who have cruised before, is tendering a nightmare process? We are due in to Juneau at 8 and our Limo is scheduled to pick us up at 11 at the dock, is this enough time for us to get off of the ship?

Yayyyyy! 79 days for us. Just sent marriage license paperwork. Also told hotel that we will be getting packages sent there. Guest list seems final, but I will give folks some time to back out.

Need to complete makeup artist questionnaire and send pics to my friendly florist. That cake is getting on my nerves. Can't decide how to decorate it and not sure if I care enough to do anything to it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

We have less than 80 days until our wedding and oh how I have mixed feelings. I have chose a nautical theme and have chosen the cake design, decorations and all. We chose the tapestry room and stage lounge for our on board wedding. I originally chose the wedding to be on boar for guest who can sail to be able to attend. Also I felt it would be nice to wed and then celebrate the entire week. Now I am second guessing myself :confused: I am worried on if it would have been nicer off the ship? Are my pictures going to look ok? Oh all the questions... does anyone have any advice good or bad... pictures anything?

We have less than 80 days until our wedding and oh how I have mixed feelings. I have chose a nautical theme and have chosen the cake design, decorations and all. We chose the tapestry room and stage lounge for our on board wedding. I originally chose the wedding to be on boar for guest who can sail to be able to attend. Also I felt it would be nice to wed and then celebrate the entire week. Now I am second guessing myself :confused: I am worried on if it would have been nicer off the ship? Are my pictures going to look ok? Oh all the questions... does anyone have any advice good or bad... pictures anything?

I have had some of the same worries. I think it is a unique and brave decision to get married on a ship. If you feel the need for a land ceremony, you have many anniversaries to renew your vows that way. The picture situation worries me, but I will have family taking tons of pics as well as backup. I am anxious to see where they decide to put my ceremony on the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Just booked our December 13, 2014 wedding on Carnival Elation out of New Orleans.

So excited. My fiancé and I have been together for 9 years so a bit overdue but we didn't want our parents to pay for a huge wedding. Can't wait to hear all the advice from past and future bride and grooms.

Hello! Just booked our December 13, 2014 wedding on Carnival Elation out of New Orleans.

So excited. My fiancé and I have been together for 9 years so a bit overdue but we didn't want our parents to pay for a huge wedding. Can't wait to hear all the advice from past and future bride and grooms.

Congrats! We have been together for almost that long as well. Cruise weddings seem like a great option.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

We are getting married on Isla de Pasion (Passion Island) right off of Cozumel. I have been working with the coordinator there and so far, it has been fabulous. The pictures of the island are incredible. They have even used the island to film Corona commercials. :D

We are arriving to Cozumel via Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas. The wedding coordinator is taking care of everything, including our transportation to/from the island. I am so very excited! We just got engaged this past New Year's Eve and are pulling this together very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 2014 bride!! I feel like I'm home. I've been reading other forums and nothing really relates. I'm getting married in October on Carnival Freedom in Key West!! My biggest challenge right now is trying to decide who is going to do my hair?? I'm debating between the salon on board or using a salon on land.

I am a 2014 bride!! I feel like I'm home. I've been reading other forums and nothing really relates. I'm getting married in October on Carnival Freedom in Key West!! My biggest challenge right now is trying to decide who is going to do my hair?? I'm debating between the salon on board or using a salon on land.

Congrats! When are you getting married? I know that time is a big constraint with getting your hair done on the ship. I have heard many stories of brides getting an early hair apt (before the salon opens) but this is limited to one person a day being able to do this. I also don't think you can book this until you get on board. If you get your hair done in key west do you have a place for the hair dresser to meet you? or are you going there in your wedding dress? (or coming back to the ship to get changed?) Many things to take into consideration.

Good Luck planning!!!! I am happy to say i'm down to my time crunch and almost done before I can relax and enjoy my final few weeks as a single lady!