SEWERAGE & Gate Valve

Big Feet

Would you all agree, had it not been for the toilet backup's/overflows, this problem wouldn't have been the headline it was????

My fix is simple: Have a VERY LARGE GATE valve connected at the sewer line of the ship--- when the toilets waste starts to come over the side of the toilet -- open the valve on the side of the ship.

(you can dump overboard when your past a milage limit at sea)

(you can dump overboard when your past a milage limit at sea)

I don't think that's true any more.

I would think, though, that there should be a way to deactivate the vacuum system and allow sewage to simply drop straight down into the sewage tanks under gravity in an emergency.

I would think, though, that there should be a way to deactivate the vacuum system and allow sewage to simply drop straight down into the sewage tanks under gravity in an emergency.

You would have to see how the layout of the plumbing is. There may be too much horizontal travel and not enough pitch to allow the toilets to drain properly. Additionally if the water system was compromised (pumps down) they could not flush either way.

You would have to see how the layout of the plumbing is. There may be too much horizontal travel and not enough pitch to allow the toilets to drain properly. Additionally if the water system was compromised (pumps down) they could not flush either way.

True enough.

I hope somebody figures out a way, though, to keep everything from backing up when power goes out. There has to be some way to do it.

Without the sewer backups this event is just a pain in the arse rather than a major disaster.

That might work if the ship was built to a shape of a funnel

Better Idea ...

Carnival could have kept the entire ship much cleaner had they required passengers and crew to urinate and defecate on the ship's "Poop Deck" only.

This thread is silly

OMG I do not want a room on that deck.

Archived