Leaving for FP in 30 days...I Can't Concentrate on Anything!!!

josassoc

I created mine in Excel. It's working great! Last night I started packing everything together and I felt confident that I haven't forgotten anything. All I have left to pack is my dresses and toiletries. With the help of the spreadsheet, I am able to plan out outfits carefully and I will actually be able to pack for a 10 day cruise in one carry-on suitcase! I was worried it wouldn't all fit, but I forgot that shorts,tank tops and bikinis don't take up much room...which leaves more room for shoes!:D I leave TOMORROW! I can't believe it's almost time to go!

JulieMac

OK, I'm hooked in this idea too. I laid out each day's activities, excursions and ports. And now I figured out the best days to do laundry...on the ship (we'll be a hoted for a few days before the cruise). I also checked and the ship's laundromat happens to be located fairly close to my room, one deck down. So, now I can pack without taking everything I own.

Oh, one other thing, I went to Target yesterday to buy toiletries and found this cool idea. If you go to the "sample or tavel sized toiletries" they have these mini-rolls of toilet paper (Charmin), that are about the size of a roll of nickels, that you can throw in you bag in case the "Motu" facilities are missing this valuable item. When we've traveled in the Carribean, we found this to be the hardest part about using park/beack restroom facilities.

Some other good ideas that we've been given are: over the door shoe rack (to store our cameras, sunglasses, batteries, etc. in tight spaces), gel air freshener, collapsable cooler, bungee cord (to hold the balcony door open) and european outlet converter (for the hotel) and sandwich bags (to make beach picnics from ship room service).

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bsan,

I am happy for you. You have waited a very long time and it is almost here. Enjoy every minute, because the days fly by in Paradise. Have a great time and let us know how much you enjoyed it.

Mike,

Thanks for the advice ;).

I would also like to thank you for sharing so much information about the South Pacific on these boards. Your website was very informative and all the information you provide is appreciated. Thank you :D

Archived