Why Is This Cabin All Alone??

injunjoe

We are booked on cabin R298 on the Carnival Inspiration. It is an accessible cabin and from what it looks like, there are very few cabins near it. What are we in for? Are we going to be bothered by a laundramat or some other noise-making "stuff"? Any idea?

Thanks,

Injun Joe

Injun Joe- tis strange huh- I dont thinkt he laundry roomis located there- I will check my deck plans once i get home. It has where the laundry rooms are located.

Sometimes there is only walls. Cabin steward areas with a ice machine are here also.

It is a handicapped specially built, not an origonal room, when ship was commissioned it didn't exist. Carnival has been making changes to some of their older ships and adding Accessible cabins, new-builds come with 22-26 cabins specially built. Older vessels such as Holiday and Celebration origonally only had 4 each. Times are a changin, finally !!!:o

If it's anything like R299, do not take it. My son and 3 of his college buddies had that room on their Spring Break cruise aboard the Inspiration, and it was quite a bit smaller than the other standard inside cabins. Their cabin steward told them they used to be steward storage closets, and they turned them into cabins. They were very cramped. If you can change it, you should. And don't bother calling Carnival to ask, they had no idea when I questioned them about it. Actually, neither did our TA. But my son said they measured it, and it was approx. 6-7 feet narrower than the standard inside cabins. If you are putting 4 passengers in there, that space makes a huge difference.

Archived