Favorite Cayman Restaurants?

julee407

Close to the pier I would recommend Paradise Grill. Right on the water, nice breezes, decent local food and prices! Love MyBar at Sunset House as well, but a bit of a walk.

Which way do you go from the pier to get to Paradise Grill?

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a few years since we've been to Grand Cayman, but walked to the right getting off the tenders to a place right on the water which must be what is called Paradise Grill. We had drinks and some very good nachos and plan to do it again later this year.

If this is the place I remember, they had some stairs down to the water almost adjacent and people were going down to snorkel (?).

It's been a few years since we've been to Grand Cayman, but walked to the right getting off the tenders to a place right on the water which must be what is called Paradise Grill. We had drinks and some very good nachos and plan to do it again later this year.

If this is the place I remember, they had some stairs down to the water almost adjacent and people were going down to snorkel (?).

That sounds right. It is about 1/4 mile walk to the right. The Paradise is at Eden Rock where there is decent snorkeling and some tame tarpon to swim with.

I am interested in trying the local food. Does anyone have any recommendations for places?

For local food you need to go somewhere other than the main tourist restaurants.

Champion House II has a location in the MacDonald Square building, 51 Fort St, which is next to the Town Hall building where the clock tower is located.

Corita's Copper Kettle is at 3 Dr Roys Drive, on the corner with Edward St.

Both offer real Cayman cooking. Try Cayman style fish (with lots of peppers and scallions), salt beef and beans, or jerk pork.

Archived