Summit Review -- Feb 2-9 sailing

K.T.B.

Thanks for the review and pictures! We have not been on the Summit for quite a few years and just booked a trip in April.

I am not surprised at the crowds at the pool on the sea days, but I was shocked to see how few loungers there are around the pool now that they had added the cushioned seat sections in the upgrade. I am constantly amazed at how few loungers are directly around the pool areas on new or revamped ships for us sun people.

Thanks again and glad you had a great trip.

We never did visit the martini bar. Martinis aren't our thing. :)

No idea what their name is, we never saw them.

I think one of the things that disappointed me the most about Blu was after complaining about the bad service we were told that the Maitre'D would probably contact us about it. He never did, but we got a note thanking us for visiting their dining room!

Be that as it may, that experience will not deter us from Celebrity. :)

Thanks for your answer. Hope there WAS one.

Anne

Thanks for the review and pictures! We have not been on the Summit for quite a few years and just booked a trip in April.

I am not surprised at the crowds at the pool on the sea days, but I was shocked to see how few loungers there are around the pool now that they had added the cushioned seat sections in the upgrade. I am constantly amazed at how few loungers are directly around the pool areas on new or revamped ships for us sun people.

Thanks again and glad you had a great trip.

As crowded as it was by the pool area, and despite the chair savers, there were areas to grab chairs. And I did see some of the pool attendants helping people move chairs or gather up some "lost" items when someone complained about the situation. No fights, no disagreements, no problems.

And to cruiseacecat: As for the guitarist, my wife reminded me that we did "see" him once as we walked through the pool area one day. We didn't stay to listen as we were headed back to the cabin. So I can offer no opinion on his playing skillls nor do I know his name. :) I do know he wore a cowboy hat, maybe that helps?

Thanks for your review of the Summit, Kevin. Since you didn't like the Blu did you just dine in the MDR the rest of the week and if so did you have any problems getting a table in the MDR?

We are booked on the Summit in June and the Aqua was the same pricing as the Concierge so thought we should give it a try :D

As crowded as it was by the pool area, and despite the chair savers, there were areas to grab chairs. And I did see some of the pool attendants helping people move chairs or gather up some "lost" items when someone complained about the situation. No fights, no disagreements, no problems.

And to cruiseacecat: As for the guitarist, my wife reminded me that we did "see" him once as we walked through the pool area one day. We didn't stay to listen as we were headed back to the cabin. So I can offer no opinion on his playing skillls nor do I know his name. :) I do know he wore a cowboy hat, maybe that helps?

Thanks again. I do think I know who you mean.:)

Anne

Great review and pics...we are on the SUmmit for my first cruise EVER April 6th!

Your review of Qsine, nailed it for me going to book reservation soon. Need to find out when formal night is though, I am not sure I want to pack my suit :cool:

I have a weird question regarding the port heavy itinerary though.....Is a drink package at all worth it when you only have 1 sea day?

• 1 month later...

Dianeksfun we are on the 2/1/14 sailing too-hope to meet you then-This is our first Celebrity sail-we were previous Royal patrons-not that we do not like Royal just changing things up a little. Don't really know what to expect --

Thanks for the great review and especially for the pictures! We sail on The Summit again in December...she is our favorite ship and we are counting the days. Thanks for giving us a little taste to hold us over. ;)

Archived