RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

I'm looking at maybe booking a 3night cruise Dec7-10 on the DIVINA to check out the ship. It would be an inexpensive winter vacation break, plus it would also give me some insight to the layout of the ship and how they might be catering to us on the February cruise. I'm sure there will be some differences between MSC, Holland America and Princess.

Fun times are always instore no matter which ship the RSVP men are on!

[ATTACH]288592[/ATTACH]

That is a great idea. Just keep in mine any ship RSVP charters totally changes when we are on board.

One of our fellow RSVP cruise critics has passed away...Donald Burke. He went by the moniker nudesleeper. He had not been ill, but evidently died peacefully in his sleep last night. His sense of humor, smile, and wardrobe will be missed on our Divina cruise. Rest in Peace, Donald!

Thank you for the information Max and Bob. Just heard about this via other social media sights. Such a loss. Donald had some groovy costumes, this awesome sense of happiness, and was a hoot to be around with. Will surely be missed. So hard to loose people from the RSVP family

Everybody make sure to drink lots of coffee on board!! My partner works for a coffee company is it is one of his new accounts....

:D

We are sailing that same day, but on a different ship in port since my sister and her hubby are travelling with us....Supposed to be an amazing ship!

I think Atlantis dropped the price by $200 for the Mexican Riviera cruise this November. I wonder how this cruise is selling and if they will drop the prices to fill the cabins. After all, this ship is twice the size of the past RSVP Caribbean cruises and it seems that they have a lot of cabins still available...

My partner and I just booked a cabin on the Davina with RSVP. We asked for a balcony cabin near the center of the ship and there weren't many choices. We are a bit forward, but still in a good location on a higher deck than desired. So it looks like it must be selling reasonably well.

Now to catch up on this Roll Call.

Edited by Darrell6t

For fitness fanatics this looks a cool fun spinning class workout being launched on board the MSC Divina in the Caribbean. Aqua Cycling on a Hydrorider. Bikes are placed in a pool for classes. For a great view I hope they'll use the infinity pool on the stern.MSC.jpg.29dd65544aa1666323f18fdae3ed72d3.jpg

hydrorider.jpg.b5a1883a76ffa28153de8135abe8d4e8.jpg

I received my cabin confirmation for a short 3-night Bahamas cruise on the DIVINA departing December 7th.

Since most of us RSVP cruisers will be Divina-Virgins on the Feb. charter, let me know if there is anything you want me to check out while on this sailing.

Our TA has arranged for a group to go onboard the Divina on Dec 7th for a look-see, so we will also be able to check out teh ship before February. (I have been tempted to book teh 3-day too, but will have to change flights if we do it)

I received my cabin confirmation for a short 3-night Bahamas cruise on the DIVINA departing December 7th.

Since most of us RSVP cruisers will be Divina-Virgins on the Feb. charter, let me know if there is anything you want me to check out while on this sailing.

We will be anxiously awaiting your full report!

ell to all on here, we have cancelled out of the Divinia Cruise and are looking for another vacation at that time.

Too many bad reviews of the food

Room (And I was in a YachtClub Suite) is just too small--I don't like tiny rooms and mine was one of the largest on the boat

THe Itinerary is totally unappealing to me--St Martin is a been there done that too many times and I simply despise Puerto Rico

And Jeff leaving RSVP was another area of concern.

So I hope you all have a good time--I am seeking a fresh experience--South America, Tahiti or aEuropean trip.; I am sure we shall see each other on a future cruise.

Perhaps the Bali-Singapore cruise will be to your liking. Pretty much the same timeframe, you get your suite that you so desire, and looks like the fresh experience that you're looking for.

It's only the FOURTH largest suite on the boat (the larger ones are sold out but maybe you can get waitlisted), but size of the room shouldn't be an issue as it's the same size as an SA category on HAL. The one that's available is a little shy of seven grand a person but doesn't sound like $ would be an issue.

Maybe I'll see you on board.

Edited by absolutboy20

If you are considering Tahiti....the Paul Gauguin is fantastic. She is a small ship but just lovely. Food is wonderful as is service. The islands beautiful and Bora Bora beyond compare. I have sailed her twice and intend to do her again in 2015 or 2016.

As for the Divina.....wish I was sailing her but I booked an 11 day canal cruise round trip out of Ft Lauderdale on the coral Princess before RSVP announced their charter. I want to go through the canal one last time before the new locks open in 2015.

To all those I know going on the RSVP cruise....I hope you have a fantastic time...regardless of the product, its the passengers that will make the trip. Years back RSVP did two buckets, the Odysseus and the Regent Spirit. Both ships were anything but grand, yet the trips were over the top.......providing many wonderful memories.

Bonie voyageeeee :D:D:D

PS...will toast you all in two weeks when I board the Royal Princess. Imagine me having booked a straight cruise only to find out there will be 500+ bears on board......whats a guy to do? If I was Peter, Max or Reuel, it would come so naturally.:rolleyes:

FWIW, I was on the MSC Poesia last year and had no problem with the food--certainly on par with other cruise lines. The specialty restaurants were great (and ridiculously underused, which led me to conclude that most if not all passengers were satisfied with the main dining room). The only disappointing thing about the food was that the buffet was not open all the nights (as I recall). The ship itself was beautiful and the service was excellent. The Divinia looks just as beautiful. I just booked this cruise--my second MSC cruise. I have been on most of the cruise lines and I just got off my second Crystal cruise and have no hesitation about sailing MSC again. But everyone has their own point of view and food is very subjective, so perhaps I am satisfied when others wouldn't be.

The MSC Divinia got a pretty good rating from the Berlitz cruising guide--1,557 points out of 2,000; that's in comparison to 1,611 for the Celebrity Solstice (which I also booked for next year), and 1,386 for the Carnival Pride, 1,528 for the Allure of the Seas, and 1,534 for the Eurodam (all ships I have also cruised on and enjoyed) and 1,559 for the Celebrity Summit (which I have also been on and the ship that Atlantis has booked for a Caribbean cruise next year). These ratings are somewhat misleading as a lot of the ratings are subjective and different people have different things that are important to them--size of room, quality of food, entertainment options, itinerary and excursions, etc.

One of the things I really liked about the MSC Poesia that will not be true of the Divinia RSVP cruise is the international character of the passengers--Americans were a plurality perhaps but a minority and it was nice to be on a ship with a cosmopolitan feel. I assume that will not be the case with the RSVP cruise. On the other hand, of course, the clientele being mostly gay will make this a cruise with a different passenger make-up than other cruises, which should be a lot of fun.

I was very much considering Tahiti, though I would want 14-18 days total and that s hard in Feb. Worse there is the prefect Cruise a Playbill Charter with 8-9 Broadway Stars on Board singing etc. But your basic little room will run 13-14K OUCH! THe Suites are over $22,000 for two for a week.

Add on 2 1st Class Tix there and a week in a resort or so and this would be a $40,000 vacation.

I decided that will buy a lot of Broadway Show tix!

I am now thinking a week in a St Barts Villa

But that Bali Singapore cruise seems good too--I looked at it but again the room was a bit small. I just feel very uncomfortable in rooms under 500SF or so. I really want a separate bedroom.