Incentives for exsisting cruises?

BOBfromNJ

In light of the issues and bad publicity for Carnival, do you think there will be a reduction in the prices or any incentives not to cancel your cruise with Celebrity?

Definitely! Of course it depends on what you consider an incentive. For us the best incentive is just cruising on a Celebrity ship enjoying a wonderful time.

If you're asking if there will be financial incentives just because of this then I'd say probably not. If someone is scared away from cruising because of the Carnival incidents then I don't think any amount of discount is going to get them to go. However, if overall demand for cruising in general declines then they might discount more in order to fill their ships.

EDIT: Well this is weird - my post is listed before the question I was replying to!! Must be something out of sync on the time settings between the Cruise Critic servers.

In light of the issues and bad publicity for Carnival, do you think there will be a reduction in the prices or any incentives not to cancel your cruise with Celebrity?

This is a chance to attract Carnival passengers.

Celebrity has room for improvement:

Improve the MDR Service and Food.

Open the MDR for lunch on port days.

Improve drink service all over the ship.

Improve the buffet for a casual evening meal.

Refresh the library and entertainment.

Add some fun options to the sea day daily schedules.

jls

If passengers are dissatisfied with Carnival for any reason and sail on any other line no matter how things are they will think it is an improvement.

I have had people tell me on a X cruise that it was their worst cruise ever and will stick with NCL. I have never sailed on that line but being on that cruise and having a wonderful time I don't think that I would consider their recommendations or opinions.

The prices will probably increase because all of the Carnival passengers will be booking on other lines. Supply and demand.

no other line will do anything. Carnival will need to do some heavy damage control but nobody else needs to do anything.. those that are sworn off Carnival for good will leave and they wont need bribing to do so.

what may happen is the other lines that are similar in price will see an uptick in new traffic, causing prices to go up short term.

Archived