Rendezvous Resort Day pass from Rodney Bay

cruiserbunny

We would like to do a Day Pass at Rendezvous.

Our cruise ship will be anchored off Rodney Bay.

Please can someone advise the cost of a taxi from Rodney Bay to Rendezvous Resort and the time this will take.

How long should we leave for returning to the ship? I know some people have been advised to leave plenty of time but I think we might be going against the main traffic flow back to Castries.

Any help much appreciated. Thank you

We would like to do a Day Pass at Rendezvous.

Our cruise ship will be anchored off Rodney Bay.

Please can someone advise the cost of a taxi from Rodney Bay to Rendezvous Resort and the time this will take.

How long should we leave for returning to the ship? I know some people have been advised to leave plenty of time but I think we might be going against the main traffic flow back to Castries.

Any help much appreciated. Thank you

I am assuming you will be docking in the bay and tendering in, probably acutally at Pigeon Island, as that is the norm for ships that port in RB. From Pigeon Island, a taxi will cost $35US one way for up to 3 passengers, it will take about 35-30 minutes. Yes, you will somewhat be against the normal cruise ship traffic, but depending on what time you need to be back to the ship, you would be in the regular commute traffic, which can be just as bad, if not worse. There is only one road between the areas and a portion of it has recently had new construction begun - while the construction itself is only during the night, the mess is still there all day! Please do leave yourself plenty of time to return - at least 45 minutes, and more like an hour.

If you are tendering into Rodney Bay Marina or into Rodney Bay Village - the taxi will cost $30US one way, 3 passengers. Leave yourself the same amount of time.

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

This is the info for the Rendezvous

Non-Resident Tariff

All Day Pass

Includes Meals, Beverages, Entertainment and use of resort facilities

from 9:00am until 11:00pm

US$160.00 per guest

Day Pass

Includes Meals, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 10:00am until 6:00pm

US$95.00 per guest

Half Day Pass (Morning)

Includes Breakfast only, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 8:00am until 12 noon

US$45.00 per guest

Half Day Pass (Afternoon)

Includes Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Beverages and use of resort facilities

from 12 noon until 6:00pm

US$60.00 per guest

Breakfast Pass

Includes Breakfast only

from 8:00am until 10:30am

US$30.00 per guest

Lunch Pass

Includes Lunch only and Beverages

from 12 noon until 3:00pm

US$40.00 per guest

Dinner Pass

Includes Dinner, Beverages and Entertainment

from 7:00pm until 12 midnight

US$85.00 per guest

ALL FACILITIES ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY

(Excludes use of scuba facilities and motorized water sports)

If you wish to make advance reservations or have any questions regarding the Day Pass Options, please feel free to contact the hotel directly via email at: reservations@theromanticholiday.com or via phone at #1.758.457.7900, fax #1.758.457.7917

Just note it is ADULTS ONLY:D

• 8 months later...

Thanks--unless they were flexible with the times it wouldn't be worth it for us. Also read an awful review on t r i p a d v i s o r whereby a cruising couple with a confirmed day pass were turned away rather rudely because the resort was concerned about cruise passengers passing on illnesses! Think I'll look elsewhere--bay gardens, anyone have any info?

Thanks--unless they were flexible with the times it wouldn't be worth it for us. Also read an awful review on t r i p a d v i s o r whereby a cruising couple with a confirmed day pass were turned away rather rudely because the resort was concerned about cruise passengers passing on illnesses! Think I'll look elsewhere--bay gardens, anyone have any info?

Bay Gardens is not an all-inclusive resort. Their pool facilities are not open to the public. They are located on Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay, you can use their beach bar/restaurant if you want. Reduit Beach is a long stretch of beach in Rodney Bay Village with chairs/umbrellas for rent, beach bars/restaurants, watersports for hire and is about $12US one way from Pigeon Island by land taxi.

Yes, there were instances last year of the AI resorts on the island not allowing cruise passengers to visit for the day as several ships that visited St. Lucia in a short period were carrying large outbreaks of noro- no reason to add any extra possibility for resident guests or staff from day visitors. That has passed - unless some ships that visit the island begin having outbreaks again.

Enjoy your visit, whatever you decide to do.