Purchase of Cruise Video Highlights

dottiesmom

Has anyone ever purchased the video that they make of your trip? I watched the clips on the T V in the room and decided to purchase one when I saw what all I THOUGHT was going to be on it.

I was on the Holiday (June 2) and they did this very funny show with 3 couples. They showed it on the TV so I bought the tape. I watched it last night and was VERY disappointed because the segment was not included on the tape.

The first several minutes was a segment on Carnival Cruises as a whole. One that they would put on any video. Next came way too many minutes on Mobile. Then FINALLY they started the footage of our cruise. Sailing away interviews, complete Hairy Chest competition, childrens party (long), formal night and Captains party, the Fury shore excursion and some pool area games. That was IT. I feel cheated.:( :( :( :(

Any help??

I bought the video of our cruise this year. I didn't buy one last year. This year, we were in it about 3 times and several of the people we met on the cruise were on there as well. If I remember correctly, there wasn't much "advertising" of the cruise line or port of call on mine. It went straight to the sail away and then showed the various activities on and off ship. I probably would not have bought it had we and our friends not been such a part of it. I'm glad I did though because my family has been able to see why we love cruising so much.

Hmmm, what kind of "help" are you looking for?? I have purchased two of them.. more or less as a cruise memory, and because our grope always ends up making fools of themselves on there, LOL... So, if you are looking for those that have bought them before, then yes... I have :D Not sure what other kind of help you are looking for though... good luck!!

Hi! We bought the ship's video on one cruise

and made our own home video on another cruise.

The video I shot myself was of the ship and ports, but mostly my in-laws enjoying themselves on their vacation.

Then, I gave them a copy of the video. Lots of pictures too.

They ***LOVE*** it all!!! It brings back wonderful, fun and many more personal memories for them--much better

than the ship's video.

Taking the video camera was kind of a hassle but well worth

it under the circumstances.......I would not want to take it along on every vacation though.

We bought the DVD of the highlights of the 04/06/05 Glory cruise. The main reason was that I wanted to show my husband the ship and what some of the excursions were like.

The hairy chest contest went on waaay too long, even though they "fast forwarded" through it. I didn't stay to watch the contest btw, I tended to stay away from some of the Fun, fun, fun activities. :p That's the beauty of a large ship. I could find peace and quiet very easily. But if you want to get on the video you've got to go to the games and the like.

They did show the ice carving and that was done very nicely.

The interviews by the assistant cruise director "Butch" were lame and unintentionally funny. He'd ask passengers and crew questions but wouldn't hold the microphone close enough for them to be heard! Too much of this and I'm sure the people who were interviewed and bought the video were disappointed.

My daughter and I ended up on some of the Keywest Butterfly sanctuary footage because we just happened to be there when the tour arrived. I have to admit I wasn't aware of the cameraman.

Not one but two Jeep tour footages. Why? I guess it was the easiest to do. Just stand there and film and away. But you couldn't make out where they were or who was driving, so it could have been stock footage.

I would have liked to have seen more of the ship, the "shows" at the dinners and candid shots in the Bars, Night Lido activities, Special buffets and Pool.

It was fun watching the first Sail Away on the video. We had a balcony room and made the mistake of just staying there when we left Port Canaveral. Next time I'll make sure that I'm out on the deck. It looked like a lot more fun.

I called Carnival and they apologized for my disappointment and offered me a $25 on board credit for our next trip. (the cost of the video) That is well and good but I really just wanted the video clips that they were showing on the TV in our cabin. The showing of the clips made me think they would be on the tape.Another thing I learned is that once the trip is over you cannot get a tape. You can only get it while you are on board.

Does anyone out there have any video coverage of this trip (Holiday June2)???

I would be happy to purchase!!!

Thanks

Archived