June 14, 2014

Tikiintahiti

Fiji to Australia. Anyone thinking about this cruise? My BH and I are giving it some real thought. We would go on this and not go on the Reunion cruise. They are giving double society savings on this cruise as well.

I like the itinerary - Fiji, Vanuatu, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, Rabaul, Papua New Guinea and finally Australia.

Anyone?

I too love the itinerary. But the two are too close together for me and I am committed to the repeaters cruise.

Besides it will mean being away for most of our short Canadian summer which doesn't make sense. I need to find a winter destination for 2014 January instead.

Fiji to Australia. Anyone thinking about this cruise? My BH and I are giving it some real thought. We would go on this and not go on the Reunion cruise. They are giving double society savings on this cruise as well.

I like the itinerary - Fiji, Vanuatu, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands, Rabaul, Papua New Guinea and finally Australia.

Anyone?

That would be under a year from our 6/26/13 sailing! Who would want to go THAT soon...besides me? Let me pour my DW a glass of Champagne and talk it over.;)

The info is on the PG web site

I love World War II history as well as clear blue water for snorkeling. This has both.

I can see where Pappy Boyington flew his missions with the Black Sheep Squadron and many of the islands are not touristy .......... I like it

Anyone?

Tiki,

we're considering booking the cruise Australia-Fiji Aug 18th (can't make June). i have been researching the ports since I read about this itinerary last week and think it'll be interesting. Concern about the PG and this area of the Pacific, particularly reading about the high seas, altho' this time of year shouldn't be too bad for cyclones.....hopefully!:eek:

Tess

wish we could make the June sailing, but cannot in 2014, so August is better for us. Also like the idea of a departure from Australia for a change!! I know the last time the PG left from here the weather was pretty bad and the ship encountered some rough seas in the crossing to Fiji and Tahiti. Hope for better luck next time!

Motu are you going?

Maybe we will come too.

I haven't been to the barrier reef as well.

I've been afraid to bring it up to Nancy as I think our final payment for this year is due this week. Would you really consider two sailings in 90 days? You are an even more addicted than we are! :eek:

Motu,

I have always wanted to see Papua New Guinea - its a thought only at this time. Very little infrastructure there so going with PG may not necessarily be the right thing to do.

We will be on the Regent Voyager in May. Trying to complete my bucket list.

Anyone?

Wow, That sounds neat! We will definetly consider.:D

Archived