Open Bar on the Cruise Ship??

rlanting

I'm traveling with a large group and my group was contacted by the Cruise Ship asking if we wanted to set up an open bar for 1 hour or 2 hours for my group.

I have not heard of this before and did not see anything on other Treads. So has anyone done this and was it a good deal?? :) The ship we are on is the Destiny.

Thanks Randy

we traveled with a group of 38 back in February and one of our "perks" as the group was a 1-1 1/2 hr open bar. It was nice and we all grabbed an extra drink to take to dinner. It was pretty nice and FREE!! enjoy

Also this could be the one where they charge around 10 pp for the hour and you drink for free...not good unless all of the group drinks and then drinks at least 2-3 during that hour!!

When traveling with a group that size you are allowed certain amenties to pick from....that can be one of them..cocktail party can be one of them..

I don't know what cruise company Royal or Carnival....but I know one offers open bar for extra $$$$ the entire time you are on ship but the entire group must agree to it...

It's a great deal! The group cruises I go on always have a cocktail party... drinks and appetizers.. you don't have to order what they are carrying around on the trays (which will be similar to those at the captains party), you can order whatever you would like... always a great time!!!!!

you don't have to order what they are carrying around on the trays (which will be similar to those at the captains party), you can order whatever you would like... always a great time!!!!!

That was our experience also on Carnival . If you didn't like what they offered you could order from the bar, no charge.

My group had a private cocktail party aboard the Imagination. We were in the piano bar and they even had Brad there for music. They served us wine, rum punch, lime daiquiris and screwdrivers. The food was a little too fancy for my taste but my husband said the smoked salmon was good. But it was well worth it.

We have had open bar cocktail hours (or 2 hours) for our group on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean. Drinks were not limited; you could order whatever you wanted. The ship supplied some nibbles - crackers, pretzels, etc. Usually, booking a group earns some dollar credits, which can be used toward a cocktail party or parties. If you don't have enough credit to pay for the entire party, there will be an additional per person charge, which is generally very reasonable and well worth it. It's a great chance for the entire group to get together.

My understanding is that your group gets a certain dollar amount of credit, and you have the choice of how to use it -- a free cabin for the person arranging the cruise, or split it among the entire group so that everyone pays less (as you are doing), or a cocktail party or parties, or some combination of these.

we have a large group of 72 so each 8 cabins is getting a free cruise which we are all splitting....Is this cocktail party also a perk that we could get along with the free cruise?

There is a small charge for the Open Bar, but it's like the cost of two to Three drinks so as long as we drink more then 3 in a hour it's a pretty good deal??

But I will let all know when I get Back. Thanks Randy ;)

So they will put us any a Bar we pick ??
Randy, no. They will, usually, not let you pick the place because of the logistics of what else will be going on during the time of your party. And if your party is complementary, as a group perk, there is the possibility that you will have to share a room with other groups.

When we did our group cocktail party, on the Destiny ;), we shared with a couple other groups. We were in the Point After disco, so there was lots of room. They had music playing and we danced a little. It was a good time.

I wanted to mention too. Because of the number of group credits you should get there is also the option of a per cabin credit. When I booked our group, we ended up with a $100 per cabin credit, photo credit per cabin and we opted for the cocktail party. Something else to think about, now that you have 5 days before you leave.

Thanks for the Tip.... Yes we received some money off etc. so seems all good.
Actually the credit I mentioned was a credit to your Sail & Sign account after you board. Whoever organized the cruise might have opted for something else, like a longer or second cocktail party. :D Either way it's going to be a great cruise. You have to write a review when you get back and let us know how it went.

Actually the credit I mentioned was a credit to your Sail & Sign account after you board. Whoever organized the cruise might have opted for something else, like a longer or second cocktail party. :D Either way it's going to be a great cruise. You have to write a review when you get back and let us know how it went.

Yes I will write a review... and let everyone know how it went and the many things not only me and the DW will be doing but I will also share the things that others from my group may do.

Everyone has been great, so I will try to do the same for others.

Not that this pertains to the question, but it does remind me of a 1nt cruise to nowhere we took on the Fascination once. It was open bar the entire time! All the bars were open, they wheeled big coolers full of ice and beer around the open decks, it was awesome.

Mike

Archived