Mutant menus

aggietd

Just been looking at the menu for Murano, it says a cover charge from £25.00, find the from bit confusing, can anybody tell me is that is the charge also for the five senses tasting menu.

Thank you

Nancy

The cover charge is 40 US$. I think the "from £25" is used on the GB website to take account of currency fluctuations. Sorry can't help with your second query, but as nothing different is stated on the website I would expect it to be the same cost.

Just been looking at the menu for Murano, it says a cover charge from £25.00, find the from bit confusing, can anybody tell me is that is the charge also for the five senses tasting menu.

Thank you

Nancy

According to a menu I've found it's states the cover charge is $89. I think this was posted by LSimon, so maybe they could give more insight to this.

It's been a long time since we ate there but as I recall there were menu items that had an extra charge on top of the cover charge to get in.

I'm not talking about obvious items like drinks and wine, but specialty food combinations. I recall real lobster had an extra charge....

Some one back me up here? My memory is going since it's been six weeks since my last cruise.

But I can change.

If I have to.

I guess.

3225_rgreen.jpg

The cover charge is 40 US$. I think the "from £25" is used on the GB website to take account of currency fluctuations. Sorry can't help with your second query, but as nothing different is stated on the website I would expect it to be the same cost.

The US$ 40 surcharge--or equivalent in other currencies--may periodically change for exchange rate fluctuations... But the "From US$ 40" or equivalent is not intended to address that eventuality [once booked, your price is your price regardless of exchange rate changes or pricing for new bookings]...

The Five Senses menu to which the original poster refers offers the standard Murano menu with a series of wine pairings which change from time to time... The US $ 40 surcharge covers the food element only; there is an additional surcharge for the wine pairings with that increment varying with the wines served... As I recall and unless it has changed, one books the meal only and decides upon whether they want to sign on for the wine pairings, order a bottle of wine, or forego wine entirely upon sitting down to dinner in Murano...

Alcohol is not included in the base charge...

The 5 senses tasting menu also includes wine with each course and costs around $90 per person vs $40 per person for the regular menu without wine. The selections are also limited on the tasting menu but we did have the main course substituted once.

Mary Lou

It's been a long time since we ate there but as I recall there were menu items that had an extra charge on top of the cover charge to get in.

I'm not talking about obvious items like drinks and wine, but specialty food combinations. I recall real lobster had an extra charge....

Some one back me up here? My memory is going since it's been six weeks since my last cruise.

But I can change.

If I have to.

I guess.

3225_rgreen.jpg

The only menu item that has an extra charge was caviar. On our Equinox cruse last month, we dined 8 nights in Murano and I had "real" lobster on three of those nights and there was never an extra charge for it. Actually, I've ever seen an extra charge for lobster.

I'm not talking about obvious items like drinks and wine, but specialty food combinations. I recall real lobster had an extra charge...

Murano features both Surf & Turf and a lobster dish--prepared table-side--as part of the standard menu...

Best I know, the difference is all about the standard menu with wine pairings... Alcohol is not included in the basic upcharge for the Specialty Dining Rooms [but yes, the Beverage Packages can be used in the Specialty Dining Rooms if otherwise purchased]... And though I've never looked, I wouldn't expect caviar to be included in the basic menu either...

Thank you everybody, that clears it up a bit, I understand the currency fluctuation bit, and the extra for the caviar now, we quite fancied the five senses menu and understand about the wine being extra(we have a premium alcoholic package anyway) I was just worried that maybe the five senses menu had an extra charge over and above. I am sorry about the spelling mistake on the title of he original posting(auto typing)!!

Thanks again.

Nancy

Archived