Questions for solo cruise on Epic March 16

netekay

Hi everyone,

This will be my first time as a solo cruiser on Epic and I have searched the forums for answers to my questions and have come up blank.

1. Does Epic have a water package for purchase?

2. There are a couple of specialty restaurants I want to eat at. I've heard that there is a concierge in the Living Room that organizes dinners. Should I make my own reservations or wait?

Freestyle cruising and Norwegian are new to me so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lynette :D

The water on board is A-OK! No need to purchase the bottled water. If you want to wander with a bottle you can bring a bottle from home and fill it at the self-serve taps in the buffet or other places. Besides its free!

I think the concerige will arrange group dinners for the main dining rooms and not the specialty restaurants, so if there is a particular venue you want to try, do it on your own.

Have you joined the Roll Call for your sailing? You might be able to join in group activities that way as well. Have a great time!

I drank water all week. Not because I was trying to be cheap, but because they automatically give you a glass of water when you sit down to dinner and it was so good that I just didn't think to order anything else. lol

As for the specialty restaurants, this was my experience when I was there:

There was a sheet for specialty dining that you could write down your name, room number, chosen restaurant, and the time/date of your reservation... then if anyone was interested in joining you, they could sign up to join you.

Several people had pre-booked specialty restaurants and wanted to see if they could find someone else to go with.

If both people had booked a reservation, then the solo director helped with switching one of the reservations for you and adding the second person to the existing reservation, etc.

So basically... you can either pre-book or just wait and sign up on the dry erase board. It's up to you. :)

Archived