Do we have enough time?

Bobblefrog

Our ship is only going to be in port from 7 am to 2:00 pm. We are going to do the snorkel trip with GTDivers - they say they try to go out at 8:30 and that the trip is approximately two hours.

What I'm wondering is if we'd have time when we got back to rent scooters, and see the island? And should we rent them first, use them to get to GT or if GT is close to the cruise port, just take our chances after and see if Tony has some available?

I thought we'd like to go see the lighthouse and take some nibbles. Maybe stop back by at Jack's shack...okay, and this is pushing it, maybe get a 15 minute beach massage.

Am I kidding myself? Are these excursions usually late (you know waiting for people, so they start late, finish late)?

I did think to rent two scooters in case one broke down - and I know I need to consider being back on the ship at 1:30 to be on the safe side.

Do you think Tony would rent scooters cheaper if we just needed them for a couple of hours?

Appreciate any input and advice!

Be tight but doable. First, I think GT picks up at Local Village beach. You can see Local Village from the pier, a 5 minute walk. So renting scooters before to get to GT isn't necessary. Ship docking at 7 means you're off by 7:15/7:30. If GT does only take 2 hours (or maybe 2.5 outside) it'll be 10:30-11AM when you get back. A stop at Local village or Jacks for a bite and a brew--worth your while--will take you to 11/11:30 (lunch in Cockburn town will set you back an additional 1/2hour-getting there ordering eating and leaving). It's a 10 minute walk to the scooter rental outside the gate (maybe less from LV if you can exit that way). 45 minutes to the lighthouse/45 return/15 there (vista but not much else there) and you're talking 12:30/1PM.

Thanks crewsweeper!

I think the lesson to take away from this little exercise is not to reserve the scooters or rent them when we get off, but just be spontaneous and see where things stand when we get back from snorkeling. If we don't rent scooters it's not like there won't be other things to do!

Thanks crewsweeper!

I think the lesson to take away from this little exercise is not to reserve the scooters or rent them when we get off, but just be spontaneous and see where things stand when we get back from snorkeling. If we don't rent scooters it's not like there won't be other things to do!

Grand Turk Divers will pick you up in front of White Sands beach Resort and this is exactly where the $20 for 15 min massage hut is located. Capt Hook Restaurant at White Sands and if you contact the scooter rentals they will meet you right there at WHite Sands...it's a win win situation...saves you lots of time right there..

Archived