No trays or OJ on Lido deck on Liberty?

eng4

i was just on the liberty for NYE and they had both. OJ came out of the same machine with the guava juice mix (only in the morning, switches to lemonade and tea for the afternoon).

Although I've never asked, you could probably also get orange juice from one of the bars, since it is used for mixed drinks.

Just off Liberty. They have large plates which are kind of a pain to use without tray.

Napkins with silverwear for me and DW go in my pocket and we fit stuff on the plate.

Much prefer having trays.

We just sailed the Liberty in Jan. I hated the big plates. I am a very small eater and carry such a large plate with hardly anything on it felt weird.

Re getting OJ after breakfast hours, yes, you'd have to pay.

However, if you have a soda card, juices from the bars are included. My son found this out a few cruises back and now makes himself "pina coladas" with pineapple juice from the bar and ice cream from the Lido buffet. :D

We were on the Liberty in January and did not have trays on the Lido buffett. Contrary to the others - I liked the big plates for one reason. The line moved twice as fast as it used to. You only have 1 plate to fill up instead of a bowl, 2 plates, etc per person, per tray! I agree handling the silverware was tricky until my husband figured out he had on cargo shorts and just put the 2 silverware wraps in the pocket of his shorts!

They had OJ in the morning as usual.

After breakfast you have to pay for OJ.

However, if you have a soda card, juices from the bars are included. My son found this out a few cruises back and now makes himself "pina coladas" with pineapple juice from the bar and ice cream from the Lido buffet. :D

After breakfast if you want OJ just order it from room service it is free. If you get OJ fr***** the bar they will charge for it.

We order tomato juice from room service all the time.

We had the large plates on the Breeze and to me it seemed like a lot more food waste. People were trying to fill their plates as full as they could get them (typical buffet style) and then not eating the food. Carnival stated previously they were getting rid of the trays due to people wasting too much food. I don't think it worked, I think it just caused more waste.

Brilliant! I'll just...write this down for my October cruise, if I may. :D

How do you carry your food and drinks with out a tray??

In your hands. :)

No, seriously, I never felt the need for a tray. I put my silverware/napkin in a pocket, one hand for my plate, one hand for my drink. Or, sometimes we would find a table after getting our food, then either I or my husband would go for our drinks. No problem. Now for people with kids it might be more of a problem without a tray but as others have said you can keep your room service tray and just use that for the duration of the cruise.

I have never understood the concept of trying to go through a buffet line once. It isn't like the old days, I don't think, when original land based buffets gave you one plate and that was it. On a ship can't you just go back to the serving areas as many times as you want? And even get a clean plate each time?

Since my legs aren't painted on and time is of little consequence, to me, on a ship going back and forth from my table to the buffet isn't any big deal. YMMV.

(And as a nice bonus, I'm actually burning some calories during the course of a meal. Saves me from packing on those extra cruise pounds.)

I have never understood the concept of trying to go through a buffet line once. It isn't like the old days, I don't think, when original land based buffets gave you one plate and that was it. On a ship can't you just go back to the serving areas as many times as you want? And even get a clean plate each time?

Since my legs aren't painted on and time is of little consequence, to me, on a ship going back and forth from my table to the buffet isn't any big deal. YMMV.

(And as a nice bonus, I'm actually burning some calories during the course of a meal. Saves me from packing on those extra cruise pounds.)

I know I don't want to wait on a long line more than once. I also don't like balancing acts.

I know I don't want to wait on a long line more than once. I also don't like balancing acts.

Unless I am mistaken aren't ship buffets set up so that they have a myriad of stations and you can wander freely from one station to the next. I know this is the case with the Dream, Magic, and Breeze. Are there Carnival ships where everything is at one long controlled serving station where you have to start at point A and proceed to point Z in order to get any food, like a high school cafeteria? If that's the case please let me know. I wouldn't want to sail on those kind of ships.

And, Pete, I'm sorry you have dexterity problems. That must suck.

No problem waiting on a different line but no point to going on the same line more than once.

Unless I am mistaken aren't ship buffets set up so that they have a myriad of stations and you can wander freely from one station to the next. I know this is the case with the Dream, Magic, and Breeze. Are there Carnival ships where everything is at one long controlled serving station where you have to start at point A and proceed to point Z in order to get any food, like a high school cafeteria? If that's the case please let me know. I wouldn't want to sail on those kind of ships.

And, Pete, I'm sorry you have dexterity problems. That must suck.

Can't dance either, but survived even the 70's.

And it depends on the ship. I happen to like the layout of the Spirit class ships the best, and the Destiny class the worst.

We had the larger plates on the Dream, and it wasn't an issue for me...I actually prefer them to the trays (i'm the one who always ends up with something sliding off my tray). BUT, I don't have children, and I can see where that might not be so handy.

Another reason trays might have gone to the wayside (and the reason that all 3 cafeterias in the universities I have worked at have cited) is water savings cost. It's ridiculous the amount of water the universities save per year by not having to wash trays, plus it fits in in with the whole sustainability efforts that are hot topics in university settings right now. Not sure if that is the case for Carnival, but I would be surprised if it wasn't at least a factor.

Archived