The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

You are asking yourself the wrong question. It isn't "can I drink 15 drinks a day", it's "do I drink more then 6 drinks a day", that's the value point.

I would have 6 gone before noon. This program would not work for me and yes my name is Kirk and I am an alcoholic!! :D

Even in my heaviest drinking years (a LONG time ago), I could never drink before noon or so.

The drink cart outside of the Punchliner's Brunch makes the best Bloody Mary's and they have all kinds of ways to spice them up. :)

I would have 6 gone before noon. This program would not work for me and yes my name is Kirk and I am an alcoholic!! :D

Then cruise on Celebrity or RCI, whose all inclusive drink programs are not limited to 15 per day, so then you can drink as much as you would like or until they stop serving you.

Then cruise on Celebrity or RCI, whose all inclusive drink programs are not limited to 15 per day, so then you can drink as much as you would like or until they stop serving you.

Thanks for the info! I will check into that.

Family just got off the Breeze, one room got the package, and regretted it. Felt compelled to drink (or attempt to drink) 15 drinks, even on port days. Also they noted, the drinks they received were not the same size as the ones purchased. For example, the person with the package would order a jack and coke, and come back with one size glass; Sister would order one from the bar and it would be a larger glass. We have ruled out ever purchasing in future. Anyone with similar findings?

Read post # 400.....I concur from our 6 day Breeze cruise in January. If you order a Jack & Coke or a 7 & 7 or an Absolute & OJ, you're going to get it in a small glass with the proper amount of alcohol and only a little mixer. The 2 Jack & Cokes that you were comparing had the same amount of Jack in them, only the one in the larger glass had more Coke.

This program should be perfect for you. When you get to drink 14, start paying per drink and you should not get cut off.

This program should be perfect for you. When you get to drink 14, start paying per drink and you should not get cut off.

I'm good, smuggling on board and in port never run out of booze. The bars get their cut too. Cut off...lol funny stuff there.

Edited by Kcarp

drolltroll;38291949]This program should be perfect for you. When you get to drink 14, start paying per drink and you should not get cut off.[

You can't buy a drink without you're S&S card, once they swipe the card it automatically deducts from the cheers program.

Edited by nitro2448

drolltroll;38291949]This program should be perfect for you. When you get to drink 14, start paying per drink and you should not get cut off.[

You can't buy a drink without you're S&S card, once they swipe the card it automatically deducts from the cheers program.

Someone posted earlier that a bartender on one of the ships that offered the cheers program told them to start paying for their drinks at 14 and they would not get cut off.

I see what you are saying but unless that poster or bartender was confused/lieing, I could see how that could work.

Someone posted earlier that a bartender on one of the ships that offered the cheers program told them to start paying for their drinks at 14 and they would not get cut off.

I see what you are saying but unless that poster or bartender was confused/lieing, I could see how that could work.

There are something's that can be done to bend the rules a little, you can't buy buckets of beer with the cheers program, but my last cruise the waiter brought me a bucket :) he just charged one every few minutes then brought me 4 receipts. But since they have to swipe you're card, the computer tracks it. But then again maybe there is a glitch in the system that lets the bartender around it. Guess all you can do is try it, I hope it works for you.

I wish they would amend it to include coffee, if they would I would go for it, coffee is cheaper than beer, wonder why they wont count it in?

Coffee may cost less than beer but it also is a lot less cost to make (or the cruise line to purchase) so the profit margin is more, I would guess.

There are something's that can be done to bend the rules a little, you can't buy buckets of beer with the cheers program, but my last cruise the waiter brought me a bucket :) he just charged one every few minutes then brought me 4 receipts. But since they have to swipe you're card, the computer tracks it. But then again maybe there is a glitch in the system that lets the bartender around it. Guess all you can do is try it, I hope it works for you.

I will not be trying it, I am not that big of a drinker! I was Just telling that dude what someone else had said so he could realize "maybe" cheers would work for him. I would hate to be his liver!

On the Magic, they will let you purchase additional drinks at full price after the first 15. You can ask for an update on your count from the bartender.

Woo-hoo!! I'm hoping that's the case when we go. I loved the idea that I read here about recording the person who tells you. We are pretty big drinkers at home, and I actually plan to abstain for the two weeks beforehand, partly to lower my tolerance a bit and partly to de-puff my belly!

This question may have already been answered...way too many posts to read them all...But do both people in the cabin have to be present to purchase Cheers or can one person just take both the cards with them to purchase?

This question may have already been answered...way too many posts to read them all...But do both people in the cabin have to be present to purchase Cheers or can one person just take both the cards with them to purchase?

One person can buy it so the stickers can be attached as long as her or she has both cards and the same holds true when ordering a drink, one person can get two drinks as long as they have two cards.

One person can buy it so the stickers can be attached as long as her or she has both cards and the same holds true when ordering a drink, one person can get two drinks as long as they have two cards.

Thank you SNJCruisers!! That helps a lot! I know my DH will never want to stand in line when we board to wait to purchase the program so I'll just take his card and purchase it for us!!

Thank you SNJCruisers!! That helps a lot! I know my DH will never want to stand in line when we board to wait to purchase the program so I'll just take his card and purchase it for us!!

And for being so kind, your DH can return the favor by fetching you every one of your drinks on the first day until dinner. ;)

Has anyone tried to read all 20 plus pages looking for answers?!

Just when I think I know I find 6 more opinions or offers of "we know from experience".:confused:

So does anyone know definitely, with no hesitation, if the Cheers package is offered on

5 day sailings if the ship has previously done 7 day? I have found yes and no. Specifically the

Glory that is heading to Boston for the summer to do 4 and 5 day to Canada. We are on the

June 4 sailing and have a rather large OBC (from price drop) that we were going to use for Cheers.

Yep, we know we can just spend the OBC on drinks. :p Just thinking ahead for future cruises

and want to do our own 'cost and use study'.:D:D

Has anyone tried to read all 20 plus pages looking for answers?!

Just when I think I know I find 6 more opinions or offers of "we know from experience".:confused:

So does anyone know definitely, with no hesitation, if the Cheers package is offered on

5 day sailings if the ship has previously done 7 day? I have found yes and no. Specifically the

Glory that is heading to Boston for the summer to do 4 and 5 day to Canada. We are on the

June 4 sailing and have a rather large OBC (from price drop) that we were going to use for Cheers.

Yep, we know we can just spend the OBC on drinks. :p Just thinking ahead for future cruises

and want to do our own 'cost and use study'.:D:D

John Heald reported on his blog the other day that the Glory was in fact offering the Cheers package on 5 day sailings, but it was not offering it on the 2 day cruise to nowhere out of Norfolk. It will cost you just under 500 for the two of you for the package on your 5 day cruise. Enjoy it. The Cheers package was one of our favorite parts of our Breeze cruise in January.

John Heald reported on his blog the other day that the Glory was in fact offering the Cheers package on 5 day sailings, but it was not offering it on the 2 day cruise to nowhere out of Norfolk. It will cost you just under 500 for the two of you for the package on your 5 day cruise. Enjoy it. The Cheers package was one of our favorite parts of our Breeze cruise in January.

Thank-you! And our OBC will just about cover it. :p