The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Thanks!! It's truly unfortunate that they do not include coffees

Celebrity has a package that includes all espresso based drinks, bottled water and no 15 drink limit on alcoholic drinks like Carnival. You can also get it for free if you book an oceanview or better cabin.

Oh! I had no idea. Oh well, too late now. We are Starbucks people so paying for daily coffee is not any big deal, but I was hoping for a better bargaining tool with my fiance for Cheers. He really just isn't a big drinker, and I would be surprised if he had more than a couple on *most* days. I was hoping Cheers would make him more willing to loosen up a little bit more, day drink with me, etc and it's our honeymoon, we are in a regular OV room, really aren't splurging on much... but I doubt he will go for something he deems wasteful. We shall see! Happy wife, happy life is still a new concept to him hahaha

It was a short lived trial for the $37.50/day. We paid that rate on our October cruise and I seem to remember that it went to the flat rate of $49.95 + gratuity not long after. The previous year we paid the higher rate and for us, it's still worth it at the higher price :).

October was when the bad news came out about the higher price. It was still the low price when I booked in October for January cruise and a week later the bad news appeared. We ended up signing up on day 2 to offset alittle bit of the price, besides after the long trip to get to Florida we couldn't possibly get our money's worth on the first day.

I'm really torn with this one. I know for a fact I can drink at least 8-10 beers a day. But my wife may only drink 5 drinks at the most daily and it will probably be just beer and or the occasional cocktail. Because both parties HAVE to purchase the package, I'm having trouble determining if its worth it or not. I will only be drinking beer. Any suggestions if I should do this or not? $600 up front seems steep, but overall it could be beneficial, but we are really spinning our wheels on this one.

I'm really torn with this one. I know for a fact I can drink at least 8-10 beers a day. But my wife may only drink 5 drinks at the most daily and it will probably be just beer and or the occasional cocktail. Because both parties HAVE to purchase the package, I'm having trouble determining if its worth it or not. I will only be drinking beer. Any suggestions if I should do this or not? $600 up front seems steep, but overall it could be beneficial, but we are really spinning our wheels on this one.

If you're only going to drink 15 beers per day between the two of you, it's not worth it to get the program. You may have some shore activities where you'll be drinking cheap beers and that will cut into your 15/day as well. If you're drinking Alchemy Bar drinks @ 9.95 per drink, then you only need to drink 10 per day between the two of you to break even, but 16 oz beers @ 5.75, you need 18 to be ahead or 20 12 oz imports @ 4.95 to break even.

If you were doing a few shots per person to go along with those beers, you're ahead of the game. But don't get it if you are only drinking 15 beers per day.

If you're only going to drink 15 beers per day between the two of you, it's not worth it to get the program. You may have some shore activities where you'll be drinking cheap beers and that will cut into your 15/day as well. If you're drinking Alchemy Bar drinks @ 9.95 per drink, then you only need to drink 10 per day between the two of you to break even, but 16 oz beers @ 5.75, you need 18 to be ahead or 20 12 oz imports @ 4.95 to break even.

If you were doing a few shots per person to go along with those beers, you're ahead of the game. But don't get it if you are only drinking 15 beers per day.

Thanks SNJ...I think i've been looking at more from an individual statistic instead of a joint. I like how you broke it down between both of us. Appreciate the input. Any and all other suggestions are also considered.

We just got back from a 4 day and purchased the cheers program. We got our money's worth but we drank mainly cocktails! And honestly, I drank way more than I probably would have normally just because I wanted to make sure I got my money's worth! We came NO WHERE near the 15 drink per day limit. I think the most I had was 11 on one of the sea days and that was spread out from 11am-well after midnight! The last day of the cruise I drank 1 beer because I was just tired of drinking!!! If your wife is not a big drinker and will only be drinking beer when she does drink, in my opinion, I don't think it would be worth it! I wish Carnival had a beer only pkg like Royal Caribbean has!!

We did Cheers for the first time on the Breeze Feb 8. We got sick of the fruity drinks after about the 3rd day. We did drink a lot of wine at 9.25 per, which made it worthwhile. If you are a gambler and get the drinks on us card, you can exceed the 15 cheers limit, they are not connected. Found that out when we got them on the second day.

We did Cheers for the first time on the Breeze Feb 8. We got sick of the fruity drinks after about the 3rd day. We did drink a lot of wine at 9.25 per, which made it worthwhile. If you are a gambler and get the drinks on us card, you can exceed the 15 cheers limit, they are not connected. Found that out when we got them on the second day.

The one thing you have to be careful of is not to hit your 15 drink limit. Once you do that, you cannot get any drinks, even the ones from drinks on us. You can exceed the 15 for the day, but you cannot hit your 15 through the cheers program. Meaning, don't get more then 14 through the cheers program, just get the rest through the drinks on us program.

The one thing you have to be careful of is not to hit your 15 drink limit. Once you do that, you cannot get any drinks, even the ones from drinks on us. You can exceed the 15 for the day, but you cannot hit your 15 through the cheers program. Meaning, don't get more then 14 through the cheers program, just get the rest through the drinks on us program.

Thanks for the tip BigDog. I think I made my decision up. I was also talking to a guy from Carnival last night and even he said, if you are just plain beer drinkers, then just by the buckets. It will be cheaper for you in the long run. Thanks for everybody's advice.

Not sure if this has already been posted over here. If it was, sorry for the duplicate question.

We are with 6 persons, all aged over 21 and we are booked in 3 staterooms. There are two persons who don't drink so much it would be cost-effective to buy Cheers for them, but they are currently booked in two different cabins.

Is there any way to get around this? So the two persons who don't drink that much don't have to buy Cheers and don't have to stay in the same cabin while the other 4 persons in our group are buying Cheers?

Not sure if this has already been posted over here. If it was, sorry for the duplicate question.

We are with 6 persons, all aged over 21 and we are booked in 3 staterooms. There are two persons who don't drink so much it would be cost-effective to buy Cheers for them, but they are currently booked in two different cabins.

Is there any way to get around this? So the two persons who don't drink that much don't have to buy Cheers and don't have to stay in the same cabin while the other 4 persons in our group are buying Cheers?

The only way around it would be if the two non Cheers participants were booked in their own cabin. If there is any way that your TA can switch things up, then you would be covered, otherwise you're SOL.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for info

Edited by qosmo8

We bought this and it came out pretty even it becomes a "we better start drinking" deal even if you have a day that you are at port and don't really want anything or anymore. We wouldn't do it again but we only drink beer.

We wouldn't do it again but we only drink beer.
That's the problem, you only drink beer. If you went to the Alchemy Bar and drank their 9.95 drinks, you only need 5 over the course of a day to break even and everything else is gravy. Depending upon your beer of choice, you need to drink 10-12 per day (less for the Fosters oil cans) in order to break even. There's a method to the madness and you need to adjust your drinking consumption game plan accordingly. Such as cruising on Celebrity or NCL that have drink packages included. ;)

That's the problem, you only drink beer. If you went to the Alchemy Bar and drank their 9.95 drinks, you only need 5 over the course of a day to break even and everything else is gravy. Depending upon your beer of choice, you need to drink 10-12 per day (less for the Fosters oil cans) in order to break even. There's a method to the madness and you need to adjust your drinking consumption game plan accordingly. Such as cruising on Celebrity or NCL that have drink packages included. ;)

Yes, plus remember that you will be at port most days.

Yes, plus remember that you will be at port most days.
The days that you'll be visiting a port, you'll still be back on board by 500 PM, which still gives you at least 7 hours of drinking if you quit by midnight. If you can't drink 5 drinks @ 9.95 over the course of 7 hours, then you have no business buying a drinks package. 2 drinks before dinner from 5-7, 1 with from 7-9 and 2 after from 9-12 is very easy to do, even if you're a light drinker.