Letter from Gerry Cahill

PittsburghGirlee

I believe it went out to everyone who ever cruised..

this is what was said "as an opinion" by the OP. Opinion does not constitute "fact" as many of us try to point out when we personally post an OPINION. I don't think the OP really has anyway of knowing who this letter was actually sent or emailed to. So those with their panties in a twist because they didn't get a letter better rethink the source of the initial statement.

Think about the amount of people who have cruised Carnival even ONCE in their lives.

That's a lot of emails!

Usually, mass emails like this are sent in batches. As they are not time sensitive, it really doesn't matter. I am sure everyone will get one eventually. But, I am also sure it will be the same letter posted here already. So no big deal! :D:cool:

No letter here either. Cruising Carnival since 1984. Platinum almost Diamond. Did a New Years Eve cruise with CCL this year, and have another one booked in 45 days. Not upset or anything, but.......if I were in Carnival's current situation, I would make sure my most loyal customers were "touched" ASAP.

Wow! The statement was I think every past cruiser got a letter... Those of us that posted we did not get one were not maligning the OP's post just stating their fact.Please don't make this a negative thread as it wasn't for any of the other posters!

this is what was said "as an opinion" by the OP. Opinion does not constitute "fact" as many of us try to point out when we personally post an OPINION. I don't think the OP really has anyway of knowing who this letter was actually sent or emailed to. So those with their panties in a twist because they didn't get a letter better rethink the source of the initial statement.

So those with their panties in a twist because they didn't get a letter better rethink the source of the initial statement.

No one is attacking CCL.

What I see is this thread is a lot of posters chiming in whether they got one or didn't. And maybe trying to infer who it was sent to.

It's just information.

We're Platinum and we didn't get it.
Oh..that's just awful! :eek:

I'm RED at the moment, but should elevate to Gold, next Carnival cruise

-and I woke up to see my email from Mr. Cahill waiting for me!

But then again, Carnival has my current email address

(I changed ISP back in October)

There are also a number of other things that may factor into you not getting your email.

Your email client, email provider or even security software can deem the email as spam and send it automatically to the trash or spam folder.

On Carnival's end, they may be staggering the amount of email sent out in an effort to prevent the above or even save money.

Im platinum and 2 cruises with Carnival last year and but no love from Gerry

Im sure Uncle BOB woud have:p;):D

I haven't received one either- I am platinum, been cruising since the '80's with Carnival. Oh well. Nicely written letter.

Valued Customer is the keywords here. DW and I also are Platinum and have not received the Email. No big deal, as CCL does not value Loyal cruisers as they once did, not their business model. This will not stop us from cruising with CCL.

It's funny, I clicked on this thread because I thought it would be a discussion about the contents of the letter that I assumed most of us had gotten. But I stuck around and read all the "I got it" and "I didn't get it" anyway.:o

So I'll go ahead and add my information:

I got the letter at 9:18 PM last night. Yesterday was my first full day on land. We debarked Carnival Pride on Sunday - we were on the first day of our cruise when the Triumph mess happened. My email address has been the same for at least 10 years. I am a lowly Gold. I do not have a cruise currently booked. I do receive Carnival marketing emails. My husband did not get one, but I am the one in the family that books all the cruises.

I think that covers it.

I didn't get one...

Typical PR...

They should have offered some sort of incentive to book again!

I got one.

I agree.

They did. To the ones who were on the Triumph.

For some of you ... would the incentive EVER be right/enough? :rolleyes: smh

I haven't gotten one either...but I don't particularly care. It was a very thoughtful and nice gesture and it shows his concern for all of the past guests and in keeping all up to date on the ongoing investigation. I am at a loss why so many are "put out" that they haven't received it yet. What are you doing to do with it? Frame it? The email has been made public on this board and I am sure on Facebook and Twitter and probably elsewhere as well. I guess I just don't see the fascination. And I dont understand what your level in the loyalty program have to do with what emails you get.

I got the e-mail and I'm sure that G. Cahill knows this can not happen again If I were him I would order that when a ship ports in the U.S. to pick up new guests that the engine room is inspected before the ship departs and when the ship is in dry dock a more complete ispection is done of all ship systems. If this happens again it is a danger to the guests and the crew not to mention the CCL name.

Gary

They are doing Google searches on people using negative words about Carnival and clicking send.

lol yes funny, but not true :p I got the email, and i have never posted anything negative...I think they sent it to me beccause I have been mock booking a lot lately, and they want me to take the plunge!

lol yes funny, but not true :p I got the email, and i have never posted anything negative...I think they sent it to me beccause I have been mock booking a lot lately, and they want me to take the plunge!

You were selected cause you asked about tipping. Always a negative connotation.

They are doing Google searches on people using negative words about Carnival and clicking send.

I guess that is why I got the email....:eek:

I prefer emails from Adam Goldstein....:D;):cool:

It was a nice letter and a good thing to do for the loyal Carnival cruisers....:)

Archived