Letter from Gerry Cahill

PittsburghGirlee

Received one two days ago, smart move , also it's a way of verifying email addys

(Once they are opened)

Seems this week is a good one for emails and snail mail

Just received my first invitation to get a AARP card too

Now I'm waiting for the new phone books to arrive

We received the letter, and since we were on the Triumph "incident" we also got a call this morning from Carnival Customer Support Center to ask if we had any questions or concerns and to make sure we arrived home safely. Also have received a call from our fantastic cruise consultant Jose who I have booked several cruises with. Jose was so concerned and thoughtful. No problem here with the intentions of the letter and with the manner in which Carnival has reached out to us and tried to make it right during the entire ordeal. Not a blind cheerleader, but stuff happens and we're okay with it.

You are the kind of person we'd LOVE to sail with one day!

You have a good attitude.

I'm not sure this would fall into a "stuff happens" category for me considering that there was several inclinations that the ship NEEDED to be fixed. But to each their own.

The investigation is not finished yet, and so far there isn't any connection to the fire and the propulsion issues. I am betting they'll be checking those fuel lines in all ships though.

I got one, though its been a few years since I've sailed Carnival. I think it's a nice gesture. I enjoyed every one of my CCL cruises, and will no doubt return when solo pricing once again makes sense. Even so, I wish Carnival all the best in recovering from this accident. I hope we don't lose sight of the fact that recovery will help the entire industry.

I am a past guest, many cruises, no letter yet.

The crew sounds like they did a wonderful job! If I had been on board I would have used my $500/ credit to give additional tips to the crew! Sounds like they went above and beyond!

I do hope that the crew is compensated by Carnival! It sounds like they saved the day! I have not heard one complaint about the crew from all the comments made in the media!

So agree...

I look at the majority of that crew as folks who earned big houses in heaven and hopefully monetary and career recognition and growth here. My goodness on that thank God nice meal they had for them before they got off....they were all eating and grateful it looked at probably 2 AM and it had been forever messy work with frightened people down to life's basic needs. Not unlike being sick in the hospital almost like the cleaning teams and some patient jobs there... these people were kind helping with your waste removal and with personal sick issues as best they could....nonstop.

I was touched by Cahill's talk to them...it was like he seriously got their worth,,value,, and what they have been through. They have a right and no doubt have a fear with what passengers can put them through..I liked how Cahill mentioned that "most passengers were thrilled with them and spoke to them in a comforting way from their perspective...most people will be good...because most passengers were and see what they just told us." Paraphrasing but that was good.

I am more willing to try Carnival again to get the wonderous just perfect Paradise cruise I had in 2009 again as I watch what comes down and hear more reports from this incident....and hear improvement I hope about food and enough servers being back up to snuff from people who are going often enough and beleive in the turn down. I even wonder it they had stopped carreying enough back up food like they say they do..or they will work on that. It sounds like the workers got a lot less food and water form some passenger report I read...wow.

I had the best Cabin Stewardess this last time, a plus of my less stellar last Easter cruise.....it was nice to have a woman once for a change....she was just wonderful...never bothered me..but always worked around my naps..etc. and I was not that covenient and she was always sweating and moving fast and busy as heck..oh on an on..good evening all...Sarah

I have not gotten a letter and I last sailed in August 2012. I wonder if there are just so many people that it is just taking awhile...

If you don't get one would you feel slighted? It seems risky to send to some past guests and not all when there are places like this that we found out what is going on.

I was on board in April of 2012....but I personally don't feel I need the letter...we got the news, and the taping of his speeches on Youtube and how he held it together with the news coverage,,,,and had genuine emotion in his voice. Also I caught an earlier interview with him being excited about the job..I think he may play a big part of things getting better...charge us all 100 bucks more..just do not think it will take much...anyway..I think past guest can also be messed up with TA buyers..too many of us..I am ok either way..the whole thing is collective gratitude that people are safe and faith and prayer that Carnival will get better again and fix tired ships and staff for crew and passengers, service, cabin shape and food. Can anyone believe the duck tape cabin doors on deck 4 French Doors of Miracle reported???,,,,and not a warning or sorry or getting it fixed soon to the couple in their Valentine's cabin???..wow,,, the on the cruise the passenger had to fix it to get air...no letters just keep working guys..bring back Carnival!!

Archived