LaGuardia Airport Hotel Recommendation?

berbet

Flying to LaGuardia for our cruise. Would like a reputable, clean, decent priced airport hotel with free shuttle to hotel from airport and back. We plan to book the cruise line's bus round trip from the airport to the pier. Any recommendations?

you might want to pre arrange car service to pick you up at your hotel and take you to the port rather than shlepping back to the airport to get the bus. might be cheaper or about the same. try these guys: www.dial7.com. as far as hotels i would check the la guardia plaza hotel or marriott. they both have free shuttles to/from the airport.

Here's a link to Trip Advisor's summary page of hotels near LGA. I know a poster here has regularly stayed at the LaGuardia Plaza Hotel and recommends it. I haven't heard anything about it recently, however.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g47626-East_Elmhurst_New_York-Hotels.html

Was there in January. Same fine service as when it was the Crowne.

It's really funny reading the Trip Advisor list. The Hampton Inn is DIRECTLY next door to the LaGuardia Plaza, owned by the same people, you have to go to the LaGuardia Plaza for your breakfast AND it costs more without all the niceties that a former Crowne Plaza hotel gives you (better soaps and shampoos, better sheets, better beds and a business center just to name a few). PLUS the LaGuardia Plaza has free transport TO the train station and the ballpark.

As I have posted previously, the LaGuardia Plaza would still be the Crowne Plaza IF the owners had not opened the Hampton Inn (competing hotel chains). The Crowne is a well estabished business with lot of flight crews and repeat business customers. The owners chose to "brand" their motel type facility with a national chain and keep the LaGuardia Plaza the same as it has always been, just with a different name.

The food in the bar is exceptionally good and reasonably priced. There are few places to eat in the area other than the airport if you don't have a car.

• 6 months later...
Guest debbiejohncruise
Was there in January. Same fine service as when it was the Crowne.

It's really funny reading the Trip Advisor list. The Hampton Inn is DIRECTLY next door to the LaGuardia Plaza, owned by the same people, you have to go to the LaGuardia Plaza for your breakfast AND it costs more without all the niceties that a former Crowne Plaza hotel gives you (better soaps and shampoos, better sheets, better beds and a business center just to name a few). PLUS the LaGuardia Plaza has free transport TO the train station and the ballpark.

As I have posted previously, the LaGuardia Plaza would still be the Crowne Plaza IF the owners had not opened the Hampton Inn (competing hotel chains). The Crowne is a well estabished business with lot of flight crews and repeat business customers. The owners chose to "brand" their motel type facility with a national chain and keep the LaGuardia Plaza the same as it has always been, just with a different name.

The food in the bar is exceptionally good and reasonably priced. There are few places to eat in the area other than the airport if you don't have a car.

I just finished reading the reviews for the LaGuardia Plaza hotel and they aren't that great lately. We decided to book the Hampton Inn after reading all of the reviews. :)

Stayed at Marriott at 200 Ditmar st. You can see it straight across the street as you exit baggage claim. Free shuttle that runs every 15 mins. Hotel was great, friendly, clean. There is a pub downstairs where we had burgers and fries for dinner. I would definitely recommend and stay there again if traveling to LaGuardia

Archived