Is luggage delivered to your room?

berbet

Yes, that's how it works. They don't typically bring it INTO your room, they set it outside your door.

If you want to carry it off the ship yourself, you can choose self-deparkation and do that. If not, you'll need to pick up some colored luggage tags on your last full day and that will tell you what time you can disembark. Look for your luggage in the area for your color.

Does NCL deliver the luggage to your room? Then do you leave it outside the door the last night and they pick it up and then you can it after you disembark?

Your luggage is delivered to the hallway outside your cabin close to your door.

On the last night, you leave your luggage outside your cabin in the hallway and it will be gathered up during the night by the crew. You will pick it up inside the terminal the next morning.

Some advice, though.

Keep anything you may urgently need (meds, swimsuit, etc.) in a backpack or carry-on bag and keep it with you. Your luggage may not be delivered until late in the evening.

We normally self-disembark and carry our luggage off so we can leave at our convenience. You don't have to surrender your bags the night before.

Some advice, though.

Keep anything you may urgently need (meds, swimsuit, etc.) in a backpack or carry-on bag and keep it with you. Your luggage may not be delivered until late in the evening.

No matter when they will deliver to you or what kind of travel you're doing, this is always a good plan. You want to keep a change of clothes, meds, spare glasses, jewelry, mementos...ANYTHING you cannot replace on site or really don't want to lose in your carry-on and not have it in checked baggage. The replacement fee the insurance and the ship give you can replace standard clothing and such, but it cannot replace those things on site.

DML

You have the option to carry your luggage off yourself. I have always done this for fear of needing something or fear of my luggage being lost. Simply keep your luggage and you can disembark before everyone else, or whenever you choose. Full details will be in the dailys in your cabin before the last night.

Does NCL deliver the luggage to your room? Then do you leave it outside the door the last night and they pick it up and then you can it after you disembark?

Yes to both. If you like, you can also take your luggage off yourself on disembarkation morning.

If you are caught smuggling alcohol in your luggage, then you have to go to naughty room, wait in line with other embarrassed passengers and then you deliver your own bags to your cabin.

If I remember from our last conversation, you said you were only going on what others had told you and they had no experience with the NCL Naughty Room. I stand by what I have said in the past - It is not embarrassing. But then again, I am not trying to smuggle something I shouldn't be. I would be curious as to what your friends tried to do that resulted in their "embarrassment."

Some advice, though.

We normally self-disembark and carry our luggage off so we can leave at our convenience. You don't have to surrender your bags the night before.

Then on the other side...before you set your luggage out the night before insure you 1) haven't packed your passport/birth certificate in the outgoing luggage and 2) you've kept out clothes/toiletry items for the next morning. Don't laugh--it's happened where people have packed up everything!

They were caught smuggling glass bottles of alcohol in their luggage. The x-ray scanners can pick their outlines up. They were told to report to the naughty room. They were embarrassed waiting in line for their luggage.

They were caught doing something they shouldn't have been doing and is against company policy. Lesson here is......

Archived