Coincidence??? Another reason to be LOYAL TO ROYAL!!!

The Oceanic Steam Navigation Company or White Star Line of Boston Packets, more commonly known as just White Star Line, was a highly prominent British shipping company, today most famous for its ground-breaking vessel Oceanic of 1870, it's most ill-fated vessel, the RMS Titanic, and the World War I loss of Titanic's sister ship Britannic. In 1934, the line merged with its chief rival, Cunard Line, which operated as a separate entity until 2005 and is now part of Carnival Corporation & plc. As a lasting reminder of the White Star Line, modern Cunard ships use the term White Star Service to describe the impeccable level of customer care expected of the company.[1]

Just saying.......;)

Sorry, Loyal to none. :)

Well, I have sailed Disney too...so I guess when it comes down to it between Carnival and Royal...well, you know my choice! I am sure they are a nice cruise line but everyone I have personally talked to has done one cruise and wouldn't do one with them again.

Just saying??? Huh?

I'm not sure i understand why the White Star Line's 1920's and 1930's history is another reason to be loyal to Royal.

I cruise Royal Caribbean for the consistent outstanding service experience and the company they are today.

Eric

and then to find out the connection to the Titanic...

You just "found" the connection to the Titanic? I don't think it's a mystery, secret or surprise to many people that Cunard is the modern ancestry of White Star.

Someone's been drinking the RCI "Kool-Aid" a little too much I'd say...:rolleyes:

Well, I have sailed Disney too...so I guess when it comes down to it between Carnival and Royal...well, you know my choice! I am sure they are a nice cruise line but everyone I have personally talked to has done one cruise and wouldn't do one with them again.

Yes you have a choice. From someone who has never stepped foot on a Carnival ship your choice is uninformed.

Carnival has many things I wish RCCL had.

I get the OP was probably just trying to add a little levity around here, its just that the "my cruise line can beat up your cruise line" threads are getting so tired! I simply do not understand the blind loyalty to a nameless, faceles company that only "cares" about your credit card number and if it goes through.

lol I have to say I needed to re-read the original post to get exactly what the OP was trying to say. My first thought was 'I need to be loyal to Royal because Cunard uses the term 'White Star Service' to describe their level of service?' :p

Well only a few more months and I'll get to see how Royal is for myself.

I simply do not understand the blind loyalty to a nameless, faceles company that only "cares" about your credit card number and if it goes through.

Well put! But watch out. These people are zealots. I made a thread earlier commenting about an odd looking picture of Adam Goldstein. And you would've thought I'd come to their homes and kicked their cats!

And that's the thing...everyone can have their opinion...

I was simply stating that I found the connection ironic (and NO, I didn't know about it before last week!) and we LOVE Royal...thought Disney was ok (while some people just LOVE Disney, like my own mother...who says she will NEVER sail RC). We just have no desire to go on Carnival ships. That's us, that's OUR opinion...Not an 'uninformed' choice...just simply a CHOICE...that's all. :)

no one can laugh a little this morning! DH and I had a chuckle when we read this...poor Carnival has had a list of things go wrong and then to find out the connection to the Titanic...

Sorry that everyone here wasn't looking for a little irony today! ;)

Really!?!?! The my line is better than your line is childish. Especially if you are knocking something you haven't even experienced yourself. It's always I heard from my sisters friends aunts grandma that the cruise line is terrible.

I will never get why people need to justify their own choices by knocking someone else's.

I have found the food on Carnival to be better, be it the MDR (I won't even bother with it on RCI anymore), the buffet and the steak house.

I have heard this about RC...the food is declining...guess I will find out next weekend how these new menu's are but to be honest, if I am not cooking or cleaning, I could care less about the food! If it's edible, it's good to me!

Yes you have a choice. From someone who has never stepped foot on a Carnival ship your choice is uninformed.

Carnival has many things I wish RCCL had.

I agree. There were things we liked better on royal and things we liked better on carnival. One wasn't better than the other, just different. Funny thing is that it appears carnival, royal and Norwegian all target the same demographic yet people want to act like one is high class and one isn't. All three are mass market family lines.

You just "found" the connection to the Titanic? I don't think it's a mystery, secret or surprise to many people that Cunard is the modern ancestry of White Star.

Someone's been drinking the RCI "Kool-Aid" a little too much I'd say...:rolleyes:

Well put! But watch out. These people are zealots. I made a thread earlier commenting about an odd looking picture of Adam Goldstein. And you would've thought I'd come to their homes and kicked their cats!

You made what you intended to be a light-hearted post about a picture of a specific individual and take offense that others thought it was in poor taste. Now you turn around and critique someone for doing the same about a faceless company? :confused:

i agree. There were things we liked better on royal and things we liked better on carnival. One wasn't better than the other, just different. Funny thing is that it appears carnival, royal and norwegian all target the same demographic yet people want to act like one is high class and one isn't. All three are mass market family lines.

exactly!

I'm not even Loyal to only cruising. I do plenty of land-based vacations too. When I cruise - I look at all the cruise lines for price, itinerary and features. I find myself satisfied with NCL, Carnival, and Royal.

Archived