Windstar cruises Tahiti May 2014?

dontdiwundrin

• 2 weeks later...

This could be good news - and perhaps unwelcome competition for Paul Gauguin. There is room for another operation in FP and personally I think the PG itineraries are a little tame and unimaginative. A new operation could do regular Marquesas trips (in competition with Aranui) and also perhaps an Australs trip and even a trip to Mangareva-Gambiers and on to Pitcairn.

Edited by Fletcher

• 4 months later...
The Wind Surf is being redirected to Tahiti for May-Nov. 2014...full information on dates, prices, making reservations being divulged on 3/14. Just spoke to a sales rep.

The Wind Surf is not being redirected to Tahiti. It will be the Wind Spirit that will be sailing the Tahiti route. Recently booked September 12th 2014 sailing.

Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm . . . the Windstar itineraries don't look too interesting, though I have been to FP many times and always hope for something new. The cruises do seem cheap, though, perhaps to entice people away from PG for the first year.

Mmmm . . . the Windstar itineraries don't look too interesting, though I have been to FP many times and always hope for something new. The cruises do seem cheap, though, perhaps to entice people away from PG for the first year.

We will be sailing on the Tahiti cruise aboard Windstar Spirit on September 12, 2014. Maybe it's because last years cruise was also aboard a Windstar Ship in the Caribbean, but I didn't find the fares to be cheap at all for this cruise.

Will be passing you by somewhere! I am on the PG September 10, 2014.

Also on board this September and am going to the Australs. I would love to see any ship go the the Gambier Islands. This is my 6th trip and to find new places keeps it fresh.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by twin123185

Also on board this September and am going to the Australs. I would love to see any ship go the the Gambier Islands. This is my 6th trip and to find new places keeps it fresh.

This will be our 1st adventure to FP so trying to gather as much information as I can before we leave. At this point our plans are to stay a few days in Moorea prior to the cruise. This is my husbands retirement cruise so our budget is slightly larger then normal, but still choking over the daily rates at the hotels.

Shirley

Start looking at Hilton Honors and IHG.

Getting credit cards can help.

I like IHG - formerly Priority Club. Get the card and you get enough points for one or two free nights and then every year for the $49 fee you get a free night anywhere at any hotel. Even the $925

Bora Bora property. My wife and I both have the card. Not familiar with Hilton. Both have great resorts on moorea.

You will have a wonderful trip!

I like IHG - formerly Priority Club. Get the card and you get enough points for one or two free nights and then every year for the $49 fee you get a free night anywhere at any hotel. Even the $925

Bora Bora property. My wife and I both have the card. Not familiar with Hilton. Both have great resorts on moorea.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the IHG card. Wish the Marriott had a location there as we are Platiunum Premiere Members for life.

Shirley

Zegrahm Expditions are chartering a luxury expedition ship called Caledonian Sky and that's going to the Gambiers as well as Pitcairn and the Marquesas next September 2014.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort OWB. Looks great and they offer goverment/military rates (on phone only). Not cheap but less then other promotional rates offered.

images.jpeg.9ffa4a71328f43bbdabd76ca0d543f70.jpeg

images-2.jpeg.1ba754f4ff2670593384cf87b4ece35a.jpeg

images-1.jpeg.4a27192d8de3a1a1fe470b538094b359.jpeg

Edited by "Wandering Wino's"

Everyone I know that has stayed there loved it!

Thanks, I love researching locations, hotels and etc. before our trips and I read some great reviews on Trip Advisor on the Hilton on Moorea. My DH requested a Panoramic OWB and with suggestion here on cc I requested any of the following bungalows: 109,107, 105, 103, or 87.

Shirley

Sounds great. The word cheap is rarely seen on Moorea!

I have only stayed at the IC and liked it a lot but I am a committed IHG loyalist and point junkie! You will have a blast.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Thanks' date=' I love researching locations, hotels and etc. before our trips and I read some great reviews on Trip Advisor on the Hilton on Moorea. My DH requested a Panoramic OWB and with suggestion here on cc I requested any of the following bungalows: 109,107, 105, 103, or 87.

Shirley

[/size']

That's funny. I requested any of the same ones. Guess we get our Intel from the same place. Ha ha