So how is pizza on ncl?

roe2ship

About the pizza... if you are from NY then the pizza at the buffet is terrible. If you are from New England, it is meh. It is NOT any way Chicago-style deep dish. I cannot vouch for other locations in the world.

I haven't had the delivered pizza but I also would like to know what its quality is in terms of people's pizza expectations. I'd hate to pay $5 for the same quality pizza as at the buffet, just fresher and hotter.

Don't assume by this that I think the food on NCL is bad! I think there is a lot of excellent and yummy food to be had, and have many favorites... but pizza and bagels aren't two of them.

About the pizza... if you are from NY then the pizza at the buffet is terrible. If you are from New England, it is meh. It is NOT any way Chicago-style deep dish. I cannot vouch for other locations in the world.

I haven't had the delivered pizza but I also would like to know what its quality is in terms of people's pizza expectations. I'd hate to pay $5 for the same quality pizza as at the buffet, just fresher and hotter.

Don't assume by this that I think the food on NCL is bad! I think there is a lot of excellent and yummy food to be had, and have many favorites... but pizza and bagels aren't two of them.

I haven't had the delivered pizza, but I've had the pizza that you can get at the Italian restaurant and at the buffet and don't have complaints about neither. Is it the best pizza I've ever had? No. But it's not bad pizza either.

The room service pizza was pretty good and fairly large. My teenagers ordered cheese pizza several times. It just tastes better sitting out on the balcony in the sea air.

I did not try it, but my husband liked the pizza at the buffet. He said it was hand-tossed. I don't know about that, but he enjoys a good pizza.

The room service pizza was pretty good and fairly large. My teenagers ordered cheese pizza several times. It just tastes better sitting out on the balcony in the sea air.

I did not try it, but my husband liked the pizza at the buffet. He said it was hand-tossed. I don't know about that, but he enjoys a good pizza.

My partner is a huge pizza fan, I will report back in a few months after we cruise NCL for the first time. He isn't picky when it comes to pizza, loves Little Caesars so if it's of similar quality they'll make him happy. All this talk about pizza has made me hungry! I am sure they don't have stuffed crust but if they did I would be one happy cruiser.

I had a 16" pepperoni pizza (delivered to my cabin) on the Star last week, and thought it was delicious. And I'm pretty picky with my pizza - Pizza Hut/Dominos/Papa Johns/Little Ceasers are all - meh to me. I grew up in Philly, if that helps any.

The buffet pizza was so-so - I tried a piece the first day, and found the crust a bit.... odd. The cheese and sauce are lovely, though.

There will be slices available on the buffet. If you go to Great Stirrup Cay, there will be pizza as during the renovations to the island, they put in pizza ovens. Pizza is available on some ships during lunch where they have the pasta station, i.e. Moderno aka Pacific Heights on the Sun. You can also order a 16-inch pie to be delivered anywhere on the ship, 24 hours a day for $5.

On the Dawn last summer, we decided to try it. I have seen many order pizzas before and wanted to try it. People have them delivered to the pool, bowling alley, bars, staterooms ANYWHERE. Even saw a Meet and Greet once have pizzas and beer.

The choices are cheese, pepperoni and a vegetarian option. However, we ordered a pepperoni and sausage pizza with mushrooms added on one half. The pizza was just fine and served its purpose as a late-time snack. The toppings were generous and we were only able to finish about half of it among the three of us. Delivered hot.

I don't wish to belittle those dining on pizza during a cruise, but with all of the good food aboard a ship why dine on normal, run of the day pizza? I don't consider pizza fine dining, although I will admit I like pizza as much as anyone else. There are so many better dishes to dine on a ship from lamb, which is impossible to find in my small home town, to lobster tails. Expand your horizon and dine on some dish you have never had before.

I don't wish to belittle those dining on pizza during a cruise, but with all of the good food aboard a ship why dine on normal, run of the day pizza? I don't consider pizza fine dining, although I will admit I like pizza as much as anyone else. There are so many better dishes to dine on a ship from lamb, which is impossible to find in my small home town, to lobster tails. Expand your horizon and dine on some dish you have never had before.

*wrygrin* Those offerings are certainly available during the day and evening, but if you have a taste for something hot and delicious at 1:30am - lamb ain't an option. Pizza, however, is.

Enjoying pizza while on-board doesn't imply a narrow horizon...... if they offered lobster tails at 1:30, or even better, the escargot - yeah. Screw pizza. *lol*

For us, sometimes it's my DH being too tired (plus, he's allergic to shellfish :eek: - horrible thing since I love it but have given it up).

Also, we just like having pizza and watching a movie and spending time alone (with no blackberry that I'm checking every 10 seconds). We don't do that during the rest of the year so, for us, it's the biggest treat going! :D

I don't consider pizza fine dining, although I will admit I like pizza as much as anyone else. There are so many better dishes to dine on a ship from lamb, which is impossible to find in my small home town, to lobster tails. Expand your horizon and dine on some dish you have never had before.

Actually, pizza is a big star of our (has come to be) annual cruise... but it's on land. I'm from Long Island and can't get really GOOD pizza or bagels in New England, so our trip to NY for the cruise is an occasion to feast on good pizza. We pick up bagels (and pastries from Alpine in Smithtown) on the way home. Turns out bagels freeze pretty well, if you do that first thing when you get home!

While pizza isn't fine dining, good pizza is a good time. And having a good time is the point of the whole vacation thing, right?

As a native New Yorker who grew up eating pizza thruought the boro's I must say that I thought the pizza on NCL was quite deliscious

I must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Of course is a matter of opinion and just because I like somehtign doesnt mean you will. But I am sure you will be pleased

Enjoy!!

*wrygrin* Those offerings are certainly available during the day and evening, but if you have a taste for something hot and delicious at 1:30am - lamb ain't an option. Pizza, however, is.

Enjoying pizza while on-board doesn't imply a narrow horizon...... if they offered lobster tails at 1:30, or even better, the escargot - yeah. Screw pizza. *lol*

:) Or they could offer up a Seafood Cheesecake!

Archived