Should I switch to TA from NCL?

schwaja3

All:

I booked a 9 day GEM out of NYC for March 17, 2014. I booked through NCL, and used a Future Cruise Credit for the down payment. I booked a BB on deck 10, but I didn't get any OBC. I know, not smart, didn't think about it until seeing lots of posts here :()

Now, a TA has an offer that will get me into a BA, on the same deck, for $50 more, but, I will get an OBC of $75.

Since I am so far out, I can cancel with NCL and then go with the TA.

My questions for you all are: Can I get my FCC back from NCL and use it with the TA? Is it worth the BB to BA upgrade and getting an extra $25 in my pocket to go through the changes? Are there any benefits of using NCL vs TA? This is my first balcony cabin. Which side of the boat do I want to be on to enjoy the sailaway, and coming into/out of ports?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Jack

Personaly , I'd cancell and wait . You dont have a specific cabin in mind , you have just over a year and there is bound to be a better OBC deal coming along soon . And yes you get your FCC back , its simple a credit attached to your Latitudes acct.

Good Luck ;)

When you cancel, your FCC goes back into your Latitude account and you can use it the next time you book, assuming it hasn't expire.

I would also recommend going with a TA. For example, my TA gave me 10% OBC...while NCL gives me none, except for an occasional sale, so why should I pay more for the same cabin? :D

Personaly , I'd cancell and wait . You dont have a specific cabin in mind , you have just over a year and there is bound to be a better OBC deal coming along soon . And yes you get your FCC back , its simple a credit attached to your Latitudes acct.

Good Luck ;)

I disagree. If the prices are already higher, cancelling and waiting will probably cost more. Any new obc promo has to include the current rates. Besides, if a better promotion comes out and you have it booked with NCL, you can change to the better deal up until the final payment is due.

To me $25 is not worth not being able to deal with NCL directly. There are several websites where you can track your cruise price. As long as you haven't made your final payment you can ask for the reduced price.

I always make payments and keep checking before the last payment is due. Last cruise I saved $200 catching a price drop.

I disagree. If the prices are already higher, cancelling and waiting will probably cost more. Any new obc promo has to include the current rates. Besides, if a better promotion comes out and you have it booked with NCL, you can change to the better deal up until the final payment is due.

I disagree ;)

To me $25 is not worth not being able to deal with NCL directly.

I totally agree. I want to be the person dealing directly with the travel provider; if I have a problem or a question, I don't want to have to wait to go through a middle person, or wonder if things are getting done correctly or when I want them to be done. Yes, I'm a control person. :)

I realize that many folks feel as I do and want to handle their travel arrangements directly, but that many others don't and are happy to have a travel agent take care of things for them and get the benefits a TA can provide. That's why TAs are still in business!

OP: I think you need to decide which kind of person you are. :)

Archived