FAO Mr. F. Del Rio

LEESRE

Another vote (American) for Ginger Beer. Shep

This is another vote for ginger beer -- though we have a strong preference for the diet version made by Bundaberg. I've submitted a request for it for our upcoming cruise. I'm hoping that it or even some other brand (preferably diet) will be supplied.

Well I said I would report back re Ginger Beer on board Riviera on our recent cruise. Sorry but it was not stocked in the Waves bar, but I did mention to the General Manager about my reply from Mr. FDR. and guess what the following day the Housekeeper knocked on our stateroom door with six cans of Ginger Beer and said if I would like to phone her she would get the stewardess to replace them.

This is what I call Customer Service, and a BIG THANK YOU :D:D to Oceania.

Also I would like to thank Dominique Nicolle, General Manager for his commitment to finding this in Key West, such a great guy and an asset to Oceania.

Lets see if I still have any cans left on our next cruise on Riviera on the 15th May, 2013.

Again many thanks.

:D Dominique is one of the very best GMs I have met on either Regent or Oceania. When he told me he had served under Carlo Guineti as both dining room manager and Food & Beverage Mgr. I understood why his enthusiasm and competence level was so high. It is always a pleasure for me after 67 years in the hospitality industry to observe a real "Pro" at work with such genuine enthusiasm and pleasure. Such a "can do" attitude is what is keeping Oceania's ships filled. Kudos to FDR.:D

Well I said I would report back re Ginger Beer on board Riviera on our recent cruise. Sorry but it was not stocked in the Waves bar, but I did mention to the General Manager about my reply from Mr. FDR. and guess what the following day the Housekeeper knocked on our stateroom door with six cans of Ginger Beer and said if I would like to phone her she would get the stewardess to replace them.

This is what I call Customer Service, and a BIG THANK YOU :D:D to Oceania.

Also I would like to thank Dominique Nicolle, General Manager for his commitment to finding this in Key West, such a great guy and an asset to Oceania.

Lets see if I still have any cans left on our next cruise on Riviera on the 15th May, 2013.

Again many thanks.

After reading this thread, I submitted a request to Oceania via my travel agent. My husband and I are big fans of ginger beer. My husband doesn't consume alcohol, so this is often his beverage of choice when I'm having something else. I've also been known to drink a moscow mule which uses ginger beer as a component. It's been a couple of weeks since my travel agent made the request and this morning we got their response. They wanted to inform me that this item is a special order and there would be a charge for it. They asked that I indicate how much we required.

After reading this thread, I submitted a request to Oceania via my travel agent. My husband and I are big fans of ginger beer. My husband doesn't consume alcohol, so this is often his beverage of choice when I'm having something else. I've also been known to drink a moscow mule which uses ginger beer as a component. It's been a couple of weeks since my travel agent made the request and this morning we got their response. They wanted to inform me that this item is a special order and there would be a charge for it. They asked that I indicate how much we required.

Just for information sake, are you in a suite or lower cabin?

We have made special requests and never been charged so this may be something new.

We have made special requests and never been charged so this may be something new.

Perhaps the regent people who said there was a cost saw the word beer and assumed it was a type of alcoholic beer instead of the soft drink it is and which is included in the fare.

It also may be as orchestrapal stated a new method for O to increase revenue without prior notification??

We're booked in an A2 (Concierge) for 31 days. Their communication also confirmed that our request was for a non-alcoholic beverage, so there's no misunderstanding about what was requested. It seemed that others making similar requests were being accommodated, so I'm a bit confused why our request was met in this way. It's fairly trivial, given what we paid in fares. And yet, it's also a trivial expense given what we've paid in fares. And of course, Oceania doesn't realize that we won't be guzzling all the complimentary Cokes and such. Whatever. :(

We're booked in an A2 (Concierge) for 31 days. Their communication also confirmed that our request was for a non-alcoholic beverage, so there's no misunderstanding about what was requested. It seemed that others making similar requests were being accommodated, so I'm a bit confused why our request was met in this way. It's fairly trivial, given what we paid in fares. And yet, it's also a trivial expense given what we've paid in fares. And of course, Oceania doesn't realize that we won't be guzzling all the complimentary Cokes and such. Whatever. :(

As has been discussed before, soft drink distribution is regional and Oceania will be at the mercy of the policies of the Distributer which they are using over there.

If you don't want the Ginger Beer enough to pay the stipend, then don't pay it, but I still think that Oceania deserves kudos for giving you the option. Most Lines, even the Luxury Lines would have replied with a flat "We can't get it".

As has been discussed before, soft drink distribution is regional and Oceania will be at the mercy of the policies of the Distributer which they are using over there.

If you don't want the Ginger Beer enough to pay the stipend, then don't pay it, but I still think that Oceania deserves kudos for giving you the option. Most Lines, even the Luxury Lines would have replied with a flat "We can't get it".

That's a fair point. I think perhaps that my expectations were raised a bit too high after reading these boards and learning of all the special requests that have been met, and in particular, since this is the first request that I've ever made. It's just not something that I typically do.

Unless Oceania have changed their policies, I have never been charged for my Ginger Beer.

In fact I had an email from Oceania saying that they would provide, as usual, my Ginger Beer for our forthcoming cruise, at no charge.

Thank you again Oceania.

:confused::confused::confused:

Unless Oceania have changed their policies, I have never been charged for my Ginger Beer.

In fact I had an email from Oceania saying that they would provide, as usual, my Ginger Beer for our forthcoming cruise, at no charge.

Thank you again Oceania.

Well, that's very interesting given that the price that they quoted to me as of this morning is $5 per 375ml bottle of ginger beer! We decided against getting it given the steep markup. It would seem that uniform policies do not apply!

It would seem that uniform policies do not apply!

Please consider that Oceania's ships roam the entire planet

It is entirely conceivable that Ginger Beer may be in great supply, and thus very inexpensive, in one area of the World, yet almost unheard of, and therefore quite dear, in another.

Uniform pricing of these beverages cannot be guaranteed, nor can uniform availability. How could there possibly be a uniform outcome?