Dinner idea in Wakikii

WifeOfaBish

for those who have visited Hawaii or live there:

Hey there, my husband and in-laws are visiting Hawaii for the first time and we are on a princess cruise ship...

My husband and I really want to go to a nice restaurant... beach front... with outdoor seating in Wakikii.... PLEASE HELP GIVE SUGGESTIONS we will be there in only a few weeks.. thank you

It's casual ... anything from quite casual to more dressy/casual - whatever you're comfortable wearing. Safe bets - Sun dress, skirt & top, or nice shorts/top. For men - collared short sleeve shirt (golf or button front), nice shorts. Very few restaurants will have a dress code that is dressier than that ... although in Honolulu I'm sure there are a few.

Dukes

Great food, drinks, awesome sunset.............

Hula pie to die for................

They tell you one super piece can feed two, well it can actually feed 3, especially after the size of their entres'.

The food is plentiful.

Some day I will be back.

Make reservations. And still expect a wait!!!!!

Sea Ya

I agree. If you haven't been to Duke's you must go. Otherwise you haven't really experienced Hawaii!:D

BTW - DH said the only problem with Dukes is that he didn't like sharing his Hula Pie with me. He said next time he will get one just for himself. But then again, he does have an addiction problem with ice cream.:rolleyes:

(The View)

DSC06763-L.jpg

(The Pie)

DSC06782-L.jpg

Sorry but I hated dukes. It wasn't that nice. It was so loud and crowded. No way will you get a table on the balcony unless you tip like mad to get one. Expensive too. If you want something truly nice I recommend house without a key. Nice classy, quiet and beachfront

If you will be arriving on a Friday you will be able to enjoy live music by Muanalua on the patio at 4:30. You can sit inside or outside and order food and drinks, or in the bar. The bar has a great menu. All three of these options are open at 4:30 everyday so if you are flexible you have a good chance of a table looking out to sea. Hope this helps, Cherie

If you will be arriving on a Friday you will be able to enjoy live music by Muanalua on the patio at 4:30. You can sit inside or outside and order food and drinks, or in the bar. The bar has a great menu. All three of these options are open at 4:30 everyday so if you are flexible you have a good chance of a table looking out to sea. Hope this helps, Cherie

Thank you! We're actually arriving on Wednesday - it would have helped if I had said that, right? LOL!

Archived