Unlimited Alcohol Package

jaclynmn2277

That's what made me so upset! She admitted they made the mistake TWICE and was basically like oh well too bad so sad! Ugh. And it wasn't $2k in alcohol I was saying Jamaica would have been $2k cheaper than what this cruise is going to end up being and Jamaica has all inclusive alcohol and all food in the hotel

So...the NCL cruise plus the boozer's package is 3300.00....you say it's 2000.00+ more than a five star AI in Jamaica.....really? Please let me know where you can stay in Jamaica at a five star resort for 1300.00 for two people for a week....:rolleyes:

Celebrity does not pull out during march and their drink package is much much better.

Is it ever! They include bottled water and specialty coffees. Every evening after dinner I was able to sit in the Cova Cafe and order some specialty coffees while listening to the music. Then when it was time for bed I'd stop at the bar and pick up to large bottles of water to take back to the cabin for the night. The wine by the gass were quite good and the sommeliers in the dining room would come back to keep your glass full for the entire meal. I'd also get a bottle of San Pelegrino for the meal. Only 1 waiter gave me a hard time about ordering both the water and wine and the same time but he was new and quickly relented. All olf the bartenders became very familiar with your drink of choice and you didn't have to slip them money to get good service.

their drink package definitely should include water, coffees, etc. IMO if you're spending that kind of money for a drink package, then it should include everything except top shelf and shots. anything under that by the glass, bottle or plastic cup should be covered

Need advice whether we should get this alcohol package:

I usually drink and its only on vacations lol

2 pre dinner drinks

2 drinks at dinner

4-5 at night

I drink, mojitos, tequila and oj, apple martini and long island iced tea

My other half will drink the same but soda water and jack

What is your advice get it or not?

take how many drinks you're going to average per sea day, how many drinks you will have during a port day, add them all up and multiple it by $9. if its over the price of the UBP by a significant amount, then get it. if its anywhere close, then i wouldn't bother. there is no need to feel forced to drink to get your moneys worth if you're only going to come out $50 ahead at the end of the week. if you don't feel forced to drink because you didn't buy the package, you might end up $50-100 less than what you expect to drink.

Need advice whether we should get this alcohol package:

I usually drink and its only on vacations lol

2 pre dinner drinks

2 drinks at dinner

4-5 at night

I drink, mojitos, tequila and oj, apple martini and long island iced tea

My other half will drink the same but soda water and jack

What is your advice get it or not?

Having just returned from the 11 day cruise on the Sun, I can tell you the package was well worth it. Given the number of drinks you mention, the package will pay for itself. All the drinks you mention are included.Plus, you may find yourself buying a mimosa or bloody mary in the morning. And a drink of the day during the day also included. Plus you can experiment on drinks you don't normally drink.Dont like just order one you do like. Don't forget wine is also incuded, not just your house wines. Also, don't want alcohol a time or two, soda is included too.

We were on the Jewel NYC to Bahamas cruise in March 2 years ago with a lot of spring breakers and this was prior to drink package- was a little crazy. My husband and I do drink a bit and brought on board a couple of bottles of wine and some rum runners. We also purchased a fair number of poolside drinks. I think the real issue with the package is that you do some of your drinking while in port- it can make it tough to really take advantage of the package. The nice thing about bringing a little of your own stuff on board with the rum rummer is that you can enjoy a drink in your room at your own pace, especially if you have a balcony and just want to enjoy the view. No need to go to the bar :). No matter whether they have the UBP or not, you will have a great time.

Everybody has been talking about these Rum Runners I will have to do some research. I same as you have a very high tolerance with drinking, and love just lounging poolside and having cocktails, but when they are $10 a drink you're already broke mid afternoon, not including my breakfast bloody marys and mimosas! :p
I know you are disappointed, but hopefully you will find decent ways to deal with it. are you driving to port? If so, bring some stuff. for your mimosa, carry on your own champagne (pay corkage of $15 per bottle), mix with OJ and you should have great mimosas because it will be champagne you select. and maybe plan some other mixers if you like champagne cocktails. If you like wine, bring some for dinner (again $15 per bottle charge). Preorder vodka for the room and bring on your blood Mary mix and other mixers. Many days you will be off the ship in port sipping those fruity drinks on the beach while the gentleman has his beers....money you'd have spent even if you had the drink package. Maybe preorder a bottle of rum for the room to make your own rum punch for poolside consumption on sea day...or some other liquor or to your taste. at the bar in the evening, perhaps just pay the $9 or so per drink.

the staff will likely be on high alert for alcohol smuggling during spring break, but it is your call whether it is worth it.

Archived