Barbados Hilton and Carlisle Bay

cascargirl

No problem. It's about a mile from the Hilton to The Boatyard. Head north from the Hilton, past the small roundabout. Go past Barbados Blue Dive Shop and there should be access right to the beach (Brownes Beach). Follow the beach north until you get to The Boatyard.

• 1 month later...
Hi all...

Can someone tell me whether or not it is possible to walk from the hotel to the Boatyard, from the beach? It looks close and do-able, but I am not 100% sure.

It's very do-able and easier if you exit the Hilton and walk along the beach which is about a mile long. The pier is where the Boatyard's at so as you walk along the beach you will see the pier. Just walk to it and there's the Boatyard Restaurant

It's very do-able and easier if you exit the Hilton and walk along the beach which is about a mile long. The pier is where the Boatyard's at so as you walk along the beach you will see the pier. Just walk to it and there's the Boatyard Restaurant
Wouldn't a visitor meet two piers on the way from Hilton to Boatyard?

The Hilton is on a small peninsula like corner their beach is on the south side. Then there are some structures, trees and yes, a pier that you cannot pass through. However, if you come out of the hotel there is a street leading to the main road but just as you come out of the hotel area parking lot, you'll see the beach on your left. If you walk that beach, you can walk to the boatyard. This beach is called Pebbles beach and you'll see another parking lot with a life guard post. Just past this there is a pier and another hotel. You can actually walk under the pier most times - it's shallow at the beach end - I have seen people do this. Then the beach is then called Carlisyle Bay. Then from there it is just a long stetch towards downtown and the Boatyard. I believe that is correct - so if it's incorrect, please someone correct me. YOu can also try looking at the satellite map on Google.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a quick question that I am hoping you can help me with Aplmac. We will be in Barbados June on our cruise and plan to go over to the Hilton for the day. I am traveling with several family members (70+ yr olds and 2 small children who are equally impatient). Can you let me know the best way to arrange transportation for the 6 of us? I have found from experience that some ports are easier to get transportation that is reasonable and reliable to not only get you to where you are going but to also get us back to the ship on time. Thank you so much!

Hilton-769.jpg

I have a quick question that I am hoping you can help me with Aplmac.

We will be in Barbados June on our cruise and plan to go over to the Hilton for the day.

I am traveling with several family members (70+ yr olds and 2 small children who are equally impatient).

Can you let me know the best way to arrange transportation for the 6 of us?

Sounds like it's a whole bunch of you guys -perhaps too many for a car-type taxi?

I'm sure one of the multi-seater VAN-type taxis would be only too happy to cater to your group

for a ride over to Hilton.

There are taxis readily available at the Port.

The taxi guys INside of the Port's gatehouse are a bit sharky/mercenary

whereas the guys waiting OUTside the Port's gatehouse are often a lot easier to deal with. ;)

Depending on how truly mobile your 70+-yr-olds are

maybe you guys can make the walk out of the Port area, to the guys just outside the gates?

Once you're at the Hilton (lovely beach, by the way!)

you can easily get transport back to your ship.

Hilton-259.JPG

I'm sure the hotel's Front Desk or the bellmen at the entrance can quickly organize transport for you. That should not be a problem.

Thank you so much for your quick reply and telling me exactly the info I was needing!

The pics were just too much!! Wish we were leaving today! Cannot thank you enough!

You're very welcome!

Lovely to have you visit us again!

Can you purchase day passes at the Hilton?
I remember calling Hilton about 1-2 yrs. ago

to ask that question on someone else's behalf...

The general gist of their response

was that they would prefer you to call the hotel --- PBX number 426 - 0200

from a phone somewhere at the Port, before you set out

to verify whether or not they can accommodate you!

i.e. the hotel just might be already cram-jam full, and there's simply no room for you!

If they CAN accommodate you, then there's a charge

(something like $50 a day? can't remember..)

If you are inclined to call them from outside the Barbados area code

that'll be (246) 426 - 0200

Hope this is of some assistance?

Archived